Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilt Retreat just for Me!

Quilt Retreat just for Me!

The virtual quilt retreat a couple of weeks ago spurred me to spend a whole day sewing. I usually feel guilty if I don't get some other things done but not that day. So tomorrow I have declared it "IrishNY Personal Quilt Retreat Day" in the hopes I will ignore all the other things that need to be done and sew!

I'll let you know how it goes.
    I'd rather be at the lake

Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

Good for you!!! Hope you get a lot accomplished tomorrow!

Good for you! I think I will join you...........I need some alone sewing time, too!

Blog Entries
    Go for it!! You deserve it. I hope you have a relaxed quilty day. Wish I could join you too. But, I work the weekends. Can't wait to see what you accomplish.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I desperately need a personal retreat day in order to work on some commissions that have been on hold during this power outage of the past whole week. Today i could have sewn, I suppose, but my arms were so achy when I woke this morning -- from a day of emptying, rinsing, scouring, cloroxing, rinsing again, the refrigerator which withstood 7 days without electricity. Gadzooks, what a task! The kitchen is torn apart due to the effort -- water all over the floor, shelving and drawers of fridge out on the counters, rags/paper towels piled on the floor, food to return to fridge out on the counters (which I brought home from Mother's), all the cleaning products sitting around waiting to finish the job -- I can hardly stand to go in there, but I felt so rotten most of the day.

Now, when I could have had tomorrow to sew, but as I took today off to recover, I'll have to work on continuing to pull the house together instead. I'm disciplining myself to clean first, before I sew. And it feels like punishment. But I HATE to CLEAN. pout.

I envy you!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

IrishNY, have fun.
    Jan in VA, sorry you are having to go through this, nut I hope all is back to normal soon.

You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kat

Blog Entries
    Jan in VA you need to give yourself rewards. May I suggest half an hour serious cleaning = nice cup of tea or coffee + one hour sewing.
    Last edited by Suzan88; 07-08-2012 at 06:43 AM.

Suzan
    (Maine)
    Choose to be happy

Update -
    I have a quick top almost put together so far, except for borders. I don't have the border fabric yet so that part will not be done today. And I've made about a million (ok, just feels like a million) HSTs for a quilt for my son, which was my real goal for today. Back to work but pictures later.

Jan,
    That's why I needed to declare a Quilt Retreat day for myself. There is always something else to do and I am of the "chores first, then sewing" group that means I never get to sewing. Not today! :-)
    I'd rather be at the lake

Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

Enjoy your day. Have lots of fun without stress!

Blog Entries
    It does all work out in the end, and we have to do what is in front of us first I suppose! Now that the fridge is cleaned, you will feel better when you do sew.