View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Jan in VA

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I desperately need a personal retreat day in order to work on some commissions that have been on hold during this power outage of the past whole week. Today i could have sewn, I suppose, but my arms were so achy when I woke this morning -- from a day of emptying, rinsing, scouring, cloroxing, rinsing again, the refrigerator which withstood 7 days without electricity. Gadzooks, what a task! The kitchen is torn apart due to the effort -- water all over the floor, shelving and drawers of fridge out on the counters, rags/paper towels piled on the floor, food to return to fridge out on the counters (which I brought home from Mother's), all the cleaning products sitting around waiting to finish the job -- I can hardly stand to go in there, but I felt so rotten most of the day.

Now, when I could have had tomorrow to sew, but as I took today off to recover, I'll have to work on continuing to pull the house together instead. I'm disciplining myself to clean first, before I sew. And it feels like punishment. But I HATE to CLEAN. pout.

I envy you!

Jan in VA