Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt shop bathrooms (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-shop-bathrooms-t222071.html)

Sandygirl 05-23-2013 02:59 AM

Quilt shop bathrooms

Don't you just love the bathrooms that are decorated with quilts, wall hangings, etc. in quilt shop bathrooms? I know that my post is weird but it got me to think that I should make a fun bathroom themed project for mine. Anyone else decorate their bathrooms with quilt projects??
Sandy

Mary O 05-23-2013 03:05 AM

My whole house has all my hand made quilts,table runners,wall hangings,and my bathroom has a clothesline basket,tank toppers and more so why not use what you have made.Makes a home more homey .....

joysewer 05-23-2013 03:24 AM

I have a small quilt hanging in my main bathroom. It is very country and I have toppers made from homespun yoyos on the back of the toilet tank, on a shelf and a round one on the vanity. Almost all the other things hanging in there are things I made.

misspriss 05-23-2013 03:47 AM

Are these decorated baths an extra bath. I would worry about the moisture from showers or baths, and you know hubby leaves the water running to shave. I have seen some beautifully decorated and some just cute at the shops, but all we just flush and wash our hands.

dd 05-23-2013 04:06 AM

I would love to see pics of the bathrooms. Mine is done in outhouses. I was lucky enough to find outhouse fabric and made hand towels with appliques and an extra tp roll cover. I was thinking of doing a small wall hanging but haven't gotten there yet.

Annie68 05-23-2013 04:18 AM

Mine aren't bathroom themed wallhangings, but I do have quilted hangings in both baths. My house is small so I use every bit of space I can for quilts. They have been there for many many years and no damage from moisture that I can see.

SewExtremeSeams 05-23-2013 05:53 AM

Why not, you have a captive audience when you have visitors!:D:D

SherriB 05-23-2013 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 6080700)
Why not, you have a captive audience when you have visitors!:D:D

I really did laugh out loud when I read this!!!:D:D

Tink's Mom 05-23-2013 06:18 AM

I like this idea! I would have to think about how to do it without my husband ruining it....but, I think it would work.

Peckish 05-23-2013 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by misspriss (Post 6080469)
Are these decorated baths an extra bath. I would worry about the moisture from showers or baths, and you know hubby leaves the water running to shave. I have seen some beautifully decorated and some just cute at the shops, but all we just flush and wash our hands.

If you take precautions to avoid mold and mildew (such as running the fan during and after a shower) you should be fine. I had a small wallhanging in my master bath for years until my MIL saw it. She fell in love with it so I gave it to her.