Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilt shop bathrooms

Quilt shop bathrooms

Don't you just love the bathrooms that are decorated with quilts, wall hangings, etc. in quilt shop bathrooms? I know that my post is weird but it got me to think that I should make a fun bathroom themed project for mine. Anyone else decorate their bathrooms with quilt projects??
    Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

My whole house has all my hand made quilts,table runners,wall hangings,and my bathroom has a clothesline basket,tank toppers and more so why not use what you have made.Makes a home more homey .....
    Mary

I have a small quilt hanging in my main bathroom. It is very country and I have toppers made from homespun yoyos on the back of the toilet tank, on a shelf and a round one on the vanity. Almost all the other things hanging in there are things I made.
    Gloria 

Are these decorated baths an extra bath. I would worry about the moisture from showers or baths, and you know hubby leaves the water running to shave. I have seen some beautifully decorated and some just cute at the shops, but all we just flush and wash our hands.

dd
    I would love to see pics of the bathrooms. Mine is done in outhouses. I was lucky enough to find outhouse fabric and made hand towels with appliques and an extra tp roll cover. I was thinking of doing a small wall hanging but haven't gotten there yet.
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

Mine aren't bathroom themed wallhangings, but I do have quilted hangings in both baths. My house is small so I use every bit of space I can for quilts. They have been there for many many years and no damage from moisture that I can see.

Blog Entries
    Why not, you have a captive audience when you have visitors!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
    Why not, you have a captive audience when you have visitors!
    I really did laugh out loud when I read this!!!
    Sherri

I like this idea! I would have to think about how to do it without my husband ruining it....but, I think it would work.
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by misspriss View Post
    Are these decorated baths an extra bath. I would worry about the moisture from showers or baths, and you know hubby leaves the water running to shave. I have seen some beautifully decorated and some just cute at the shops, but all we just flush and wash our hands.
    If you take precautions to avoid mold and mildew (such as running the fan during and after a shower) you should be fine. I had a small wallhanging in my master bath for years until my MIL saw it. She fell in love with it so I gave it to her.

Blog Entries
    I have a small quilt I use for a bath mat. It's draped over the side of the tub when not in use. No mildew problem at all. It's washed about every other week.
    Got fabric?

Not a bad idea. I have framed photos and children's art work in my bathrooms, but not in the part where there is a tub/shower.

Blog Entries
    in my husbands bathroom, I have an intricately decorated with beads and such, tissue box cover. it's all pc'd. and has different types of fabs and textures and dyed laces, on the wall is a matching framed pc. to match about 12 x 18. it's an under the sea theme, on the wall hanging is a 3d squid made of a bridal tulle. after pcing it, I appliqued fish and corals. everyone who goes in comments on it

Blog Entries
    Our guest bathroom is decorated for every holiday/season. Each season has its own machine appliquéd quilt square on display. :-)
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    My bathroom is so tiny that I have no space for decoration. Jeepers, there's barely enough room for the necessities.

I've always had some sort of handwork in my bathrooms everywhere we've lived.

I've never had a problem with anything mildewing except inadequately sealed wallboard (obviously installed by someone who was not a professional) around the tub itself.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    I have a small quilt I use for a bath mat. It's draped over the side of the tub when not in use. No mildew problem at all. It's washed about every other week.
    I like that idea, what did you use for backing?

Blog Entries
    I alway "audition" my hangings in my bathroom. There I can sit and evaluate it as long as I like.
    MaryKatherine
    marykayhopkins123.blogspot.com

someone on page 1 suggested pix... from what I am reading, sounds like a lot of beautiful work... anyone up for pictures-like show n tell?

Whenever I visit quilt shops, I always make sure I go to the bathroom (even if not needed) just to see the many little quilts, table runners, etc. Such Fun!

Red face

I have had many wallhangings in my bathroom without any moisture problems. I will post pictures later as they are on another computer. I, too, like to make a trip to the quilt shop restroom to see what they have. Sounds wierd, but it inspires me to make something for my home. Am I spending too much time in there???LOL
    Sophie2

When I first moved to New England, I began going to a LQS whose "sale room" WAS the bathroom!! They had renovated a huge old farmhouse - so the bathroom (minus the tub of course) is really big. Now they have added a real room for sale fabrics, but they still use the bathroom as overflow!
    Betty

A quilt will warm your body and comfort your soul.

http://notesfrommoosehaven.blogspot.com

Would love to see pictures of bathrooms.

I love that the Keepsake Quilting store has wall paper in the ladies room that looks like swatches of fabric! I'll never forget it.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Just wash like you would anything else according to normal conditions. I would still check for mildew and mold since that can happen quickly. Vinegar along with ARM AND HAMMER work great for me. I wouldn't put anything in a glassed frame. The moisture would build up quickly in there.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast