Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt shop bathrooms >

Quilt shop bathrooms

Quilt shop bathrooms

Old 05-24-2013, 05:01 AM

Red face

I have had many wallhangings in my bathroom without any moisture problems. I will post pictures later as they are on another computer. I, too, like to make a trip to the quilt shop restroom to see what they have. Sounds wierd, but it inspires me to make something for my home. Am I spending too much time in there???LOL
Old 05-24-2013, 05:04 AM

When I first moved to New England, I began going to a LQS whose "sale room" WAS the bathroom!! They had renovated a huge old farmhouse - so the bathroom (minus the tub of course) is really big. Now they have added a real room for sale fabrics, but they still use the bathroom as overflow!
Old 05-24-2013, 05:04 AM

Would love to see pictures of bathrooms.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:07 AM

I love that the Keepsake Quilting store has wall paper in the ladies room that looks like swatches of fabric! I'll never forget it.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:09 AM
Power Poster

Just wash like you would anything else according to normal conditions. I would still check for mildew and mold since that can happen quickly. Vinegar along with ARM AND HAMMER work great for me. I wouldn't put anything in a glassed frame. The moisture would build up quickly in there.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:41 AM

I made a quilted shower curtain for a bathroom, actuallly it was a print of a quilt top so I added light batting & a backing, machine quilted along the designs, made button holes for the hangers, loved it. Very washable.
When we moved it didn't match any of the bathrooms in the new house so I made it into a tote for my class portable table & cutting mat. I'm getting a lot of mileage from that print.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:46 AM
Power Poster

Yes. One of our newer LQS bathroom has a huge quilt in it and it is beautiful!
Old 05-24-2013, 06:07 AM

If you are worried about mold or mildew on the quilt, use a longer nail to hang it. That way the quilt isn't hanging flush against the wall (pun intended!). I have mine about 1/2 inch away from the wall so air can flow behind it.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:43 AM

Everyone in my quilt guild was given a "candy bar" set of random scraps and directions as a Christmas gift from our leaders a couple of years ago. It made a small wall hanging about 24 X 36 maybe? Mine set the color theme in my bathroom and it has started more than one conversation.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:13 AM

It is not weird. I have found the same thing. I spend so much time in the bath enjoying the quilts i think I have to explain how much time i was in there when i do come out. LOL!