Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt shop bathrooms >

Quilt shop bathrooms

Quilt shop bathrooms

Old 05-24-2013, 08:04 AM

Sandygirl. You and my two whacky sisters. Two years ago after the quilt run in CA all they talked about were the bathrooms in the quilt shops. I went with them last year just to check out the bathrooms. Best one we saw was on a trip to NH several years ato. Huge shop and the bathroom wasn't decorated.....it was in the boiler room!!!!!!! A bit scary but had to check it out.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:58 AM

I am just starting to decorate my new house and noticed the other day that there is a wonderful wall in the guest bathroom just big enough for a nice wall hanging. I intend to use my quilts ever where I can. After all, this is my house and I made these things so why not?
Old 05-24-2013, 09:06 AM

I don't think I've ever visited an LQS restroom! What have I been missing? I'm definitely going to check them all out now (with camera!)
Old 05-24-2013, 11:47 AM

My bathroom is a beach theme-I bought a panel that was fish theme and was thinking of hanging it on the outside door going into the bathroom. so the moisture would not effect it
Old 05-24-2013, 12:17 PM

I have a machine embroidered "Loralie design of quilted ladies" made into a shower curtain in our guest bathroom. So far nothing has happened to make it unusable.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:56 PM

I have a small pine tree quilt (6 -3" foundation pieced squares) on one wall, a crewel work embroidered birdbath on another and the border near the ceiling is birds and birdhouses! Yes quilt shops do wonderful bathroom decorations.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:13 PM

I love flamingos. My guest bathroom is decorated with flamingos. There are 2 flamingo wall hangings and about 30 other flamingos in there. Everyone loves it. I am planning to repaint it this summer with multicolor stripes. I will of course leave the flamingos.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by dd View Post
I would love to see pics of the bathrooms. Mine is done in outhouses. I was lucky enough to find outhouse fabric and made hand towels with appliques and an extra tp roll cover. I was thinking of doing a small wall hanging but haven't gotten there yet.
Love it, I thought I was the only one. That was years ago when I did that

Now, my downstairs 1/2 bath is adjacent to my laundry room, so I kind of decorate them the same. I've had this idea of hanging photos of men in the 40's/50's hanging out laundry to dry. Believe it or not, they do exist. I've collected them over the years, and want to make a wallhanging of quilts hanging out on a line

Ah...someday
Old 05-24-2013, 05:40 PM

I have been thinking of redoing bathroom with idea of a fabric shower curtain --no concern re mold ---but I also need the fabric for curtains for window and so far haven't been able to find the right thing..The idea of a pre printed what we call cheater fabric would be the ideal pattern. I do have a piece of double wedding ring that I left in Fl but I don't know if that would work on a small shower. Anyway thanks for the idea but didn't see anything at Fabricland today.
Have other great accessories for the counter in burgundy /white .

Originally Posted by Maire View Post
I made a quilted shower curtain for a bathroom, actuallly it was a print of a quilt top so I added light batting & a backing, machine quilted along the designs, made button holes for the hangers, loved it. Very washable.
When we moved it didn't match any of the bathrooms in the new house so I made it into a tote for my class portable table & cutting mat. I'm getting a lot of mileage from that print.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:51 PM

Well, I guess I'll be the first to put on a picture. This quilt has been in my bathroom for about 10 years now since I stripped the wallpaper and tried my hand at "splotch" painting. Fixtures are 70's green. This is perfect for this spot though the guys get a better look at it than the ladies! Never a mold problem.
Attached Thumbnails house-tour-004-bath.jpg