Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   quilt show in Tucson Az (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-show-tucson-az-t34006.html)

dglvr 01-13-2010 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by azdesertrat
wow that is a samll town,at last count I think we have around 900 members.some snow birds.Iw ould be glad to buy you a raffle ticket and no I did not help with the quilt

My mom and dad are snow chickens in Yuma. I should go visit them and accidently end up in Tucson that weekend.
:mrgreen:

LucyInTheSky 01-13-2010 07:45 AM

Thanks for the date. I knew it was January, and started to wonder which weekend a few days ago. Glad to not miss it :)

brookemarie19 01-13-2010 07:46 AM

dglvr... Thanks I did a search and found a guild that is only 30 minutes from my house which is a miracle since I live right in the middle of several big cities but its 1 to 1.5 hour to get anywhere. I emailed them so hopefully I can get some info soon. I will do another search for the quilt shows an dsee what I can find. Thanks again.

Rose Marie 01-13-2010 10:15 AM

The yearly quilt show in Phoenix AZ is on the 28 thru 30 of Jan at the fairgrounds.
This is mostly a vendors booths show but it is a big one.

craftiladi 01-13-2010 10:27 AM

Thanks so much for posting the information for me. It ends up being a 500 plus mile trip [one way] so probably not this time. This is one of the few times when i miss living in san diego.
Everyone going have a great time.

azdesertrat 01-13-2010 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by dglvr

wow that is a samll town,at last count I think we have around 900 members.some snow birds.Iw ould be glad to buy you a raffle ticket and no I did not help with the quilt

My mom and dad are snow chickens in Yuma. I should go visit them and accidently end up in Tucson that weekend.
:mrgreen:

sounds like an excellant plan!

azdesertrat 01-13-2010 10:43 AM

Well I'm jelious. It looks like a fun guild. Is it held every month?
Sometimes I go to the Spokane guild with about 200 members
but its an hour away. Its only every 3 months. They do get some good speakers. I'm not very active with it because of the distance. I need to move. Thats all there is to it. When I lived in Spokane I didn't sew.
Hey is that a Great Dane in your Avatar? I love Danes.
I met 2 rescues yesterday. They are so awesome.

yes he is a dane,Edward.He is a year old now and he is awesome

azdesertrat 01-13-2010 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
Thanks for the date. I knew it was January, and started to wonder which weekend a few days ago. Glad to not miss it :)

they changed the weekend,it used to be this coming weekend,but they changed it to next weekend,which I like better

azdesertrat 01-13-2010 11:16 AM

Well I'm jelious. It looks like a fun guild. Is it held every month?
Sometimes I go to the Spokane guild with about 200 members
but its an hour away. Its only every 3 months. They do get some good speakers. I'm not very active with it because of the distance. I need to move. Thats all there is to it. When I lived in Spokane I didn't sew.
Hey is that a Great Dane in your Avatar? I love Danes.
I met 2 rescues yesterday. They are so awesome.

forgot to add that yes we meet once a month,there is a meeting at nite for the people who work and then the next morning there is another meeting,with the same speaker speaking at both

dglvr 01-13-2010 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by brookemarie19
dglvr... Thanks I did a search and found a guild that is only 30 minutes from my house which is a miracle since I live right in the middle of several big cities but its 1 to 1.5 hour to get anywhere. I emailed them so hopefully I can get some info soon. I will do another search for the quilt shows an dsee what I can find. Thanks again.

No problem. You'll have to let us know what you find out.
You know, the info on the quilt guild you found. How many
members and all that good fun stuff. Hope its fun. Hope its bigger that the one here in this town. :-D