Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt show, what should I get? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-show-what-should-i-get-t214493.html)

mooshie 02-22-2013 07:14 AM

Cherry pie, they're things that clamp your quilt into your leaders on a longarm frame so you don't have to pin. You can google it, our watch a YouTube video to see them. :-)

mooshie 02-22-2013 07:15 AM

Ooh, good ideas so far ladies. Keep 'em coming. :-)

AChristina 02-22-2013 08:11 AM

I just started quilting on a Bernina Frame with my Bernina 750 QE and have the Red Snappers. Love them! So quick and easy. I didn't even want to try pinning my quilt to the leaders, looked like too much work.

feline fanatic 02-22-2013 09:57 AM

Usually the big shows have a website set up and if you are lucky have a vendor listing. It has been my experience that some show specials are just too good to pass up. Like Superior threads if they are a vendor they will have show specials. I usually stock up on thread at the shows. Often, the thread vendors hand out the color cards for free (normally you have to pay for them) when you purchase. Gadgets (AKA longarm templates) are rarely discounted at the shows but it is a great place to check them out in person and of course you would save yourself shipping on them but will most likely pay taxes so it can be a wash.

Check the tables that are set up by the entrance VERY CAREFULLY as some vendors print out coupons to use in their booth for % off your total purchase. Too many people just walk right by them.

Dolphyngyrl 02-22-2013 02:35 PM

I like getting fabric I can't locally or patterns I want online but don't want to pay shipping. This last quilt show I bought mostly fabric, only came out with 1 new pair of scissors and one embroidery design, no new gadgets. I haven't been impressed with the last 2 shows, but I am still wanting a sizzix big shot pro, but don't have the room for it at the moment. I was hoping for more at this last show, but for me the vendors were very dissapointing. I did get some nice fat quarters at it though.

snipforfun 02-22-2013 06:17 PM

I would head for the Walk The Walk shoes. Got a pair of sandals last year at HMQS. Love 'em. Getting a pair of colored ones this year.

rjwilder 02-22-2013 07:20 PM

What is HMQS? I know it must be a quilt show, I don't know what the HM stands for. Where is it, when is it?

snipforfun 02-22-2013 07:21 PM

Home machine quilting show in May in Utah

kathdavis 02-22-2013 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by snipforfun (Post 5881291)
I would head for the Walk The Walk shoes. Got a pair of sandals last year at HMQS. Love 'em. Getting a pair of colored ones this year.

Love those sandals. They weren't at our show last year. I missed them.

Xtgirl 02-22-2013 08:03 PM

Buy Renae's Red E edge side clamps too while you are there..love those as well for clamping the sides...:)