Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The Quilt Show - is it worth it? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-show-worth-t189316.html)

BellaBoo 05-19-2012 11:05 AM

Those that haven't seen the shows have no clue if it is worth it or not. You can buy just one show and decide for yourself. The patterns are worth the price without the shows.

Lafpeaches 05-19-2012 11:16 AM

i really enjoy The Quilt Show. I only subscribed to QNN.tv once.

patchsamkim 05-19-2012 12:03 PM

When a friend of mine renewed her membership last year, she was able to give someone a gift of 6 months free...and I am the lucky one who got it. I wish I had more time to visit the site, but do love what I do watch, and the programs I have missed are still there for me to watch....anything that was available during my membership remains available to me, even if I don't renew. My renewal comes up next month, and I am planning on renewing...I do get a lot of inspiration from the shows I have watched.
I agree that it would be a good idea to buy one of the shows to watch before deciding, and there is a lot of free things you can check out on the site too.

moneill 05-20-2012 03:55 AM

I think it's terrific. It gives me lots of ideas, both traditional and contemporary.

Julie in NM 05-20-2012 04:24 AM

I get their newsletter but only do the jig saw puzzle when they include it. They do have freebie patterns someplace on their web site.

Dodie 05-20-2012 04:41 AM

I also joined once and found it just was not for me I really enjoyed her tv show that was only a half hour long and I did buy lots of books during that time but if I want to sew I can only spend so much time on the computer and there
is so much free stuff here why pay for something you tube is full of instruction and I have books and patterns I will never use so why buy more really depends on whether you would use it or not never hurts to try for a year

Latrinka 05-20-2012 04:44 AM

Seems like good deal, but there's sooo much free stuff, I can't even find time to try all the things I find on here for free. I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

Quilt-Till-U-Wilt 05-20-2012 04:47 AM

I won a subscription and used it a few times. It takes too much time.

coopah 05-20-2012 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 5225431)
I used the free days a couple of months ago and did enjoy it. For some reason my big computer's security will not allow me to view any adobe features so it would not benefit me. I don't know if you can also see older classes but they have had some great people on there.

Tartan, if you have an Apple computer it will not allow Adobe Flash. They aren't compatible...could that be it? For instance, if i try to use my iPad with Adobe Flash or .wmv files, it won't open them. I haven't heard of a security system blocking things like that. But then, I learn something new every day.

jitkaau 05-20-2012 05:23 AM

I really enjoyed the shows that I watched from two $50 subscriptions and one half year for $29. They have cheaper membership now, but can't afford until other bills are finished with. The shows are entertaining as well as informative.