Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Stores and YOU (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-stores-you-t241055.html)

AngeliaNR 02-13-2014 07:34 PM

I'm an online shopper and love Fabric Shack.

Chasing Hawk 02-13-2014 07:35 PM

Dreamer,
I too love Fabric Depot. Whenever we drive up to Portland it is a mandatory stop.

Around here in our neck of the woods, the only quilt shop I will go into is the one here in La Pine. Homestead Quilts, here the ladies are extremely kind, and if they don't have it the will order it and call ya when it arrives.
I also love Hancocks and Joann's.

Red, my sister,
I do like the Hancocks in Sparks. My Mom and I would go there often. As a matter of fact that is where I bought the 10 yards of Plum colored Satin for my wedding dress.

Maybe one day when we head down to Reno to see Mom. We can head over to Windy Moon and have coffee somewhere.

dreamer2009 02-13-2014 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 (Post 6573650)
I love the name of it. How cool is that?

they are on line. good sale right now.

SharonTheriault 02-13-2014 08:12 PM

There's a JoAnn's in the next town that's okay, but my favorite LQS really isn't local. It's 2 towns over In Rossville, IN, and is called Rossville Quilts. They just doubled their size last year and I can find everything I need there. Nice people too.

SingerSewer 02-13-2014 08:15 PM

Beth's Quilting Quarters - Blanchard, OK

Trisher 02-13-2014 08:22 PM

Faye's Henhouse in Mayville North Dakota. It is an international trip, but I can be there in about three hours by car. Lovely shop. Lovely staff.

Gramie bj 02-13-2014 08:47 PM

My favorite are all small LQS. Needlelyn & Time in Omak, friendly, clean, offers a little bit of everything, if they don't have it or can't get it they will tell you where else you might find it. Only about 20 min. south of me. The Attic Window in Wenatchee, another all around good shop. About 2 hr. south. Yesteryear Love this shop. It has all the good quality's as the others, very large inventory, added to it being in an old store front building with original creaking hardwood floors, About 16 foot ceilings, located off the beaten path in the small farming community of Waterville, about 2 1/2 hr. south east of me.

Kwiltr 02-13-2014 08:50 PM

I am also a Fabric Depot Portland fan...especially when they Northwest Quilt Expo is on and they put everything in the store on sale for 30% off (and no sales tax in Oregon, another bonus!). Then when i'm in Phoenix, I always visit Quiltz and take advantage of their "colour of the month" discounts. And closest to home is Sew EZ Too in Spokane, WA who carry and awesome selection of fabrics.... So many great fabric/quilting stores so little time and money!

stillclock 02-13-2014 08:53 PM

The Marsh Store in Coldstream Ontario!

kind, compassionate and funny :)

aileen

QuiltE 02-13-2014 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by stillclock (Post 6573736)
The Marsh Store in Coldstream Ontario!

kind, compassionate and funny :)

aileen

Yessssssssss!!!!
and stocked with oh so much stuff in such an unique setting!!

:):):)