Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilted Name Badges ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilted-name-badges-t21075.html)

fabric=fun 04-22-2010 04:18 AM

The two guilds I belong to hand out a stamped colored square of the block chosen as the guild logo. Members finish them by quilting them and many put them on a lanyard or some type of ribbons to wear necklace style (instead of pinning to clothing). there is room for adding name by permanent pen, embroidery, etc, as well as decorative stitching, etc. Many attach quilt insignia pins collected from major shows or other quilt guilds. Some simply add their name in pen and pin on their shirt (without any finishing), lol.
Edit to add- One of them also hands out the precut pieces to put a block together then same as above.

studio-christine 04-22-2010 04:46 AM

anyone care to have a name-tag challenge??

make a mini quilt block, batt/quilt/bind/embellish.....

what say you all?

Chigger Holler Quilter 04-22-2010 05:01 AM

Just wanted to let you know that I've seen the cutest name badges...they were pieced shapes of girls that had arms & legs that hung off badge. Each was made to look like the person...have red curly hair? use red thread or yarn andwrap around knitting needle and then spray with starch These were as cute as can be...names could be put on 'dress' or on border. Add any embellishment you want. Will check file to see if I can find source.

sandpat 04-22-2010 05:03 AM

Thats a really really cute idea Chigger!

Quilt4u 04-22-2010 05:07 AM

Dose your group hev a name or a quilt block.? If so that is your name tag. The guild That I belonged to was he Hammersmiths so our block was an anvil.

sandybeach 12-20-2012 02:16 PM

I used a practice triangle from my avatar quilt and used puff paint to write my first name on it. We get a ticket at each Quilt Guild meeting if we wear our nametags. Then we have a drawing at the end of the night and win a small quilt related item.

GrannieAnnie 12-20-2012 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods (Post 394208)
We made some for our guild. (Here are pics of the front and back sides.)
They are "micro-mini quilts". This one is about 3 X 4 1/2 inches. They may not all be the same size if someone has a longer or shorter name.

First we embroideried the name then added crazy patchwork with scraps and machine stitches.
They have a very light batting.
Machine applied "binding". No hand work!
Took maybe an hour??? I did mine at a friend's because I don't have a fun machine that does fancy stitching. :cry: (It's on my wish list)

You can pin them on or use lanyards that have clips.
We have some ladies that like to do beading so they made some pretty beaded lanyards.

Good Luck on your's. Anxious to see what others have done.

the "Alice" name badge is darling!

patchsamkim 12-20-2012 03:04 PM

My name tag is missing too! Mine has an appliqued sheep in the center, and then a border which I had a lot of quilting pins on, and my name at the bottom.

Our guild gives a "suggested" fabric to use in the pin...but not required, so each person can do whatever they want, using that fabric or not. We have given a piece of counted cross stitch fabric with floss in case people want to embroider their name, again, not required. We haven't had a contest, but that is a fun idea!

Our name tags are required if you want to be eligible to win doorprizes...so, I will have to look hard to see if I can find mine, or make another one before our next meeting in a few weeks.

fayzer 12-20-2012 04:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my name tag I made for quilt guild meetings. We had a drawing for all members that wore their tag to a meeting on a certain date. I made mine from sewn together scraps cut off to even up a quilt. I added embrodiery with floss, silk ribbon and beads. It only took an hour to make. I have cardboard inside mine.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]383313[/ATTACH]

GrannieAnnie 12-21-2012 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer (Post 5731792)
Here is my name tag I made for quilt guild meetings. We had a drawing for all members that wore their tag to a meeting on a certain date. I made mine from sewn together scraps cut off to even up a quilt. I added embrodiery with floss, silk ribbon and beads. It only took an hour to make. I have cardboard inside mine.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]383313[/ATTACH]

Another cute name tag!