Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   quilters anonymous (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilters-anonymous-t63965.html)

debbieumphress 09-13-2010 06:33 PM

I feel so bad for all you quiltaholics. I am not a quiltaholic, I sometimes cannot get into my sewing room for the fabric falling into the hallway and cannot open a closet without it falling out, when people ride in my car I don't have to shove fabric into the trunk so they can sit, My couches and chairs are just extra puffy, no fabric hidden there, I don't keep locks on the pantry doors so no one mistakes the cabinet for food, I could go on....BUT I AM NOT A QUILTAHOLIC. ROFL

Cheshirecatquilter 09-13-2010 07:35 PM

You all say quiltaholic like it's a bad thing. No such beast.

sueisallaboutquilts 09-13-2010 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshirecatquilter
You all say quiltaholic like it's a bad thing. No such beast.

Yeah but isn't anything which ends in holic a bad thing?? ha ha ha

Cheshirecatquilter 09-13-2010 08:54 PM

Not when the prefix is "fabric'" or "quilt'"...

Annya 09-14-2010 12:09 AM

My name is Heather and I am a quiltaholic and proud to be one of so many wonderful people with this problem.hahahahaha. We are all members of the most wonderful disease there is -- that is helping family and other people by making quilts for them:thumbup:

fabricfairy 09-14-2010 03:01 AM

My name is Cathy and I am the most additive quiltaholic
person on the planet earth , I cant get enough of it and talk to everyone about it , (sometime boring them silly )
but I dont care... , I have more fabric than I will ever use in my life time , but I dont care... , I leave things half done in the house sometimes because I have just been hit with a great idea, but I dont care ..., I am enjoying my life and I am harming no one , except my bank balance.
I love love love it .

sueisallaboutquilts 09-14-2010 05:56 AM

Darn, you didn't mention the word chocolate lol

buslady 09-14-2010 06:09 AM

I confess, I am a quiltaholic. And it is a contageous disease. Though I don't know anyone that would avoid contact in fear of catching it!! When we come in to work on Mondays, the first thing we all do is look at everyones "finds" from the weekend. One gal had stuff for show and tell and hadn't gone near a fabric store! We know her so well we see things "she just can't live without" and bring them back for her. LOL. If there is anything better than shopping, it is shopping with someone elses' money.

Cheshirecatquilter 09-14-2010 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts

Darn, you didn't mention the word chocolate lol

Unfortunately, when quiltoholics are also chocoholics, we end up building up so much ballast in our backsides while sitting at the sewing machine that we wouldn't tip over in a tornado.

Denise85 09-15-2010 08:29 AM

Nice to meet you. I am also a quiltaholic:)