Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   quilters anonymous (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilters-anonymous-t63965.html)

Grinster 09-11-2010 05:14 PM

Welcome everyone! Hi, my name is Mina and I am a quiltaholic (in my mind) and need to find more time to quilt!

Beginner64 09-11-2010 05:57 PM

Hi, my name is George and I'm a quiltaholic. Can't believe I would ever give up quilting.

buffy2 09-11-2010 06:31 PM

Hi ,My name is Ada and I am proud to belong to this club with all of you guy. I love these kind of meetings.

goodluna 09-12-2010 01:49 AM

Hi I'm Linda, and I belong too. I sew or quilt everyday. to. I try and quit, but no use.It to is in my blood.

katsewnsew 09-12-2010 02:28 AM

Hello, my name is Kat and I, too am a quiltaholic! I can't leave my home without threads hanging on me SOMEWHERE! So everyone knows my addiction!

Edie 09-12-2010 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by katsewnsew
Hello, my name is Kat and I, too am a quiltaholic! I can't leave my home without threads hanging on me SOMEWHERE! So everyone knows my addiction!

What is the name of the block you have there? It is absolutely gorgeous! Edie

Edie 09-12-2010 03:19 AM

Hi! My name is Edie and I am a quiltaholic. I used to follow my mother around while she picked up a 1/2 yard of this, a 1/4 yd of that and was bored as all get out. Then it hit!!!!! Back on May 3, 2004 (how'd she know that? I keep a record of every quilt I make, what it was, how I made it, who it was for and when I finished it) I made a quilt for my grandson's first child - I was pondering my immortality and found out I am not, so I decided to make a quilt for the first baby that each of our grandchildren had. I have a granddaughter, 18, a granddaughter,9, and a grandson, 8. If I am in heaven making quilts, at least they will know that great-grandma made them a special quilt. So that is how it all started. Now, if this doesn't get me into trouble with anyone, I love a glass of wine to go with my addiction. So, yes, I am a quiltaholic and darn proud to say so, will admit it to the world! Edie

sidmona 09-12-2010 03:19 AM

My name is Aniela and I am a proud quiltaholic but I only quilt on days ending in "y". lol

Mad Gertie 09-12-2010 03:56 AM

Hi nadine,
I am Gerda, and I'am just the same, I smuggle parcels and purchases in to the house on a regular basis. I have only quilted for a year but totally hooked on it. My stach is growing at an alarming rate and my bookshelfs are filling up rapedly with all these lovely quilting books I just can't do without !
When I am suppose to read and make all these lovely things , I have no idea ( especially as I only hand piece and hand quilt !) but I just can't do without them ! Does that make me a Quitaholic ? Mad Gertie from Kent :roll:

Edie 09-12-2010 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mad Gertie
Hi nadine,
I am Gerda, and I'am just the same, I smuggle parcels and purchases in to the house on a regular basis. I have only quilted for a year but totally hooked on it. My stach is growing at an alarming rate and my bookshelfs are filling up rapedly with all these lovely quilting books I just can't do without !
When I am suppose to read and make all these lovely things , I have no idea ( especially as I only hand piece and hand quilt !) but I just can't do without them ! Does that make me a Quitaholic ? Mad Gertie from Kent :roll:

My sister hand pieces and hand quilts. Would you believe she made a quilt (actually she changed her mind and made curtains) in the Chinese Coin pattern? All hand stitched. I couldn't believe it. Now she is in the process of making a Crazy quilt. I give her my snippets and she incorporates them into a block. Then she embellishes them with lace, ribbon, buttons and whatever she can find. You are a far far better person than me which makes you more of a quiltaholic than me and I thought I was bad. And Julie (my sister) is the poster girl!!!!!!! Edie