Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilters Club of America - is it worth joining? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilters-club-america-worth-joining-t23031.html)

BellaBoo 07-21-2009 08:57 PM

I didn't renew the club but kept the QNNTV membership. I watch the online videos while I'm sewing. The new show Quilt Out Loud is part of the QNNTV membership and it should be a very entertaining quilt show.

sewjoyce 07-22-2009 06:30 AM

Sounds like this might be worth pursuing -- I, too, got an "invitation" to join.

Does anyone remember what the cost is to renew??

nativetexan 07-22-2009 12:01 PM

i was with the American Applique Society for a long time but never got to use my 10% discount at JoAnn's. they always had one excuse or another. I just tossed my renewal in the trash last night. i must behave!!!

2wheelwoman 07-22-2009 04:49 PM

I've used my 10% off coupon a LOT. It doesn't work if you're already using a coupon like 40% or 50% off - but it does apply to all other purchases, including sale items. Since here it seems they put everything on sale when the coupons come out so you can't use the coupons, at least I can get the sale price and 10% off the whole purchase price. I haven't watched any of the online stuff....at least not yet.

Mousie 07-22-2009 06:43 PM

Don't join if you are on dial up. I did, and couldn't watch the videos. They refunded my money, bc I emailed them immediately.

cjc 07-27-2009 06:41 PM

The same here. I love the magazine, but didn't renew, will get the magazine in the store. After the first month or so, I had watched all the videos and the content didn't change, so decided it wasn't worth it.

cheya 05-02-2011 05:45 PM

I just joined last week and am thoroughly pleased. I have watched several videos on QnnTV. My favorites so far are the Fons & Porter Love of Quilting. I think I'm totally get my moneys worth. I agree with others that the real boon from this membership is being able to watch the videos and if you're not able to do that then it may not be worth the money.

PLoralye 07-28-2014 08:34 AM

are any Canadians here getting the membership? Is it worth it for us?

Geri B 07-28-2014 02:28 PM

Recd the invitation too.....tossed it......joined for a yr once.....I get a 10% discount as a VIP from Joann's...if you belong to a guild apply for one, but cannot be used if there is a coupon for discount on purchase...I find anything I am searching for for free on YouTube or tutes at various sites.......

egbquilter 09-17-2014 09:12 AM

I just joined, paid my money and have not received anything from them except the first magazine, none of the other perks. I have been emailing them for a 10 days and have not received a response as of this time, other than an auto response that they have received my email. I called and left a message today. We'll see how long it takes for this response. Very disappointed so far- and I had such good expectations.