Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilter's Home magazine disappointing?????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilters-home-magazine-disappointing-t35129.html)

littlehud 01-31-2010 10:03 PM

I'm not renewing mine. It's lost something when Mark left.

Gramof6 01-31-2010 11:58 PM

I agree with you...Without Marks wit & touch, it just lacks greatly. I will not be renewing my subscription.

Lostn51 02-01-2010 06:10 AM

I subscribe to Quilters World and The Quilter Magazine (?) and I am happy with them and really enjoy the articles and projects. I have a dear friend in Texas that sent a huge box of older quilting magazines and I am still having fun going through them putting sticky notes on the projects I would like to tackle.

But I did cancel a couple of my car magazines like Street Rodder and Rod and Custom. And I have had subscriptions to those magazines since I was a freshman in high school. So what does that tell you......this quilting bug is something else!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy

quiltingnonie 02-01-2010 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mamagus
I have an online subscription to Quilter's World. 15.00 for 6 issue plus access to two years of back issues... Gotta love that. I download the issues and print a project when I am ready to start it.

I leaf through quilting magazines at the grocery store, drug store and Wal-MArt. If something really looks different and I think I'd like to do one of the projects I buy the magazine. I keep a list like this in my quilting note book:

MAGAZINE / ISSUE / PAGE/ NAME of Project/ MY IDEAS

SO when I am ready for a project I don't have to spend hours looking through magazines.

I am NOT very organized but this is my favorite way of dealing with magazines!

I started categorizing magazine quilt patterns on my computer several years ago, but so far I'm only up to 2006! I just KNOW if I get rid of any old magazine, that will be the ONE pattern I want. ;-)

Scissor Queen 02-01-2010 07:07 AM

I suppose it's only disappointing if you expected a magazine full of patterns. Quilter's Home never was that kind of magazine. For that matter neither is Quilter's Newsletter Magazine but you don't see the same level of complaints about it.

There *needs* to be other types of quilt magazines.

If you don't like a magazine for whatever reason, don't read it. But don't think just because you don't like a magazine it shouldn't exist for other people that DO like it.

CRH 02-03-2010 08:14 PM

[quote=Scissor Queen]I suppose it's only disappointing if you expected a magazine full of patterns. Quilter's Home never was that kind of magazine. For that matter neither is Quilter's Newsletter Magazine but you don't see the same level of complaints about it.

There *needs* to be other types of quilt magazines.

If you don't like a magazine for whatever reason, don't read it. But don't think just because you don't like a magazine it shouldn't exist for other people that DO like it."

Reply:

No one suggested the magazine shouldn't exist, just that it wasn't our "cup of tea" as even Mark Lipinski may express it! Hopefully, for the magazine, there will still be many who enjoy it. :) :)

Scissor Queen 02-03-2010 10:27 PM

[quote=

No one suggested the magazine shouldn't exist, just that it wasn't our "cup of tea" as even Mark Lipinski may express it! Hopefully, for the magazine, there will still be many who enjoy it. :) :)[/quote]

What's the point in coming here and complaining about it then?

It's not like anybody here can do anything about it one way or another. If you really want to voice your opinion send it to the magazine publishers.

I guess I just get tired of all the complaints about everything.

jljack 02-03-2010 10:45 PM

I like Quilter's Newsletter for the coverage of international innovative quilts. I also like their patterns for more difficult quilts. I save them in the hopes of being able to do one of them in the not too distant future. I just need more practice to be able to do them....hopefully!!!

Quilter's Home was fun at the beginning, but not really my cup of tea, even before Mark left it. I didn't renew.

CRH 02-04-2010 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by sawsan
Old is the best, more attractive, useful, and the rest is useless. And not only quilting m It happend with me in women m and''burda"
So save your money

Hi Sawsan: Which 'Old' you mean? Do you mean the traditional patterns?? They are my favorites, too. I need to do more of them because they are what attracted me to quilting in the first place. What kind of quilts do you like to make??

CRH 02-04-2010 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I subscribe to Quilters World and The Quilter Magazine (?) and I am happy with them and really enjoy the articles and projects. I have a dear friend in Texas that sent a huge box of older quilting magazines and I am still having fun going through them putting sticky notes on the projects I would like to tackle.

But I did cancel a couple of my car magazines like Street Rodder and Rod and Custom. And I have had subscriptions to those magazines since I was a freshman in high school. So what does that tell you......this quilting bug is something else!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy

That's funny!! The quilting bug has a serious bite!! :-D :-D