Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Arts TV Show (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-arts-tv-show-t224482.html)

Stitchnripper 06-25-2013 06:31 AM

Quilting Arts TV Show

Does anyone watch this? It is mostly about art quilts and techniques which I don't do, but, find very interesting. It is on one of our PBS stations. Here is the website.

www.quiltingartstv.com

nativetexan 06-25-2013 06:33 AM

I catch it once in awhile. Not much that I'm interested in though.

ghostrider 06-25-2013 06:42 AM

I've been a subscriber to the magazine since the very beginning (over 10 years) and would love to be able to get broadcasts of QATV. I get PBS channels from 3 different states here and none of them carry it. :(

tessagin 06-25-2013 06:50 AM

We have it here in Corpus Christi. From 9:30 to 12:00 PBS is all about quilts and sewing. They used to have one about embroidery. That one was boring. Too slow moving. It was hand embroidery. One show does have a little of everything. Just have to check your local channels.

AliKat 06-25-2013 07:24 AM

I have watched it but didn't get much from it. Got more from when we had a great quilt camp down here and I attended that. This show is too artsy farty for me... and ... the moderator is not my cuppa for teaching. That's just me, though.

grammysharon 06-25-2013 07:41 AM

I watch it every week, love most of the segments, but I wouldn't necessary make what they do. However, I have loved the segments on FMQing!!!!

littlehud 06-25-2013 07:50 AM

I enjoy some of the shows. Some are just not what interests me.

GrannieAnnie 06-25-2013 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper (Post 6142573)
Does anyone watch this? It is mostly about art quilts and techniques which I don't do, but, find very interesting. It is on one of our PBS stations. Here is the website.

www.quiltingartstv.com

I'm not at all interested in making the art quilts Pokey does, but some of her techniques are interesting---------and useful.

GrannieAnnie 06-25-2013 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin (Post 6142622)
We have it here in Corpus Christi. From 9:30 to 12:00 PBS is all about quilts and sewing. They used to have one about embroidery. That one was boring. Too slow moving. It was hand embroidery. One show does have a little of everything. Just have to check your local channels.

SEW IT ALL (forget which network) has supper simple stuff -which I could do without any instruction, just by looking at it. It has to be very useful for unseasoned sewers.

mckwilter 06-25-2013 08:00 AM

It comes on the Houston PBS on Saturday mornings, alternating seasons with Fons & Porter. I mainly watch it hoping to catch the FMQ segments, but it is interesting to see the segments on other techniques. And I feel like I can at least keep up when art quilters are talking about various techniques and treatments, even if I will never do them. It also comes on the Create channel, which is a PBS offshoot, at 5:00 a.m. once a week along with another sewing show and the knitting & crocheting show I enjoy.