Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Board Abbreviations (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-board-abbreviations-t47128.html)

3TreeFrog 08-17-2010 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by mrspete
:( Well this old dinosaur does not have those microsoft programs, so I guess I'll guess. I had it before my computer went kAput a few weeks back, forgot to put it on a CD. Most I am learning but I still guess at those acronyms.

Thanks for trying.

Blessings,
Ruth

Ruth

Do you have wordperfect?

TreeFrog

3TreeFrog 08-17-2010 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by cbridges22
Wow,we need somewhere on the board where these are posted so we can refer to them.

Hello

That would be up to the moderators, the list is about 4 pages long printed, so that would take a ton of space on their server

TreeFrog

3TreeFrog 08-17-2010 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by bjnicholson
These acronyms remind me of the government and all the initials they use.

Yup, I would have to agree with you! My husband works for the gov't and my son is in the reserves, so one works for DVA and the other one is a RECCE for the DND! I on the other hand is a MOM! Lol

bjnicholson 08-17-2010 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by 3TreeFrog

Originally Posted by bjnicholson
These acronyms remind me of the government and all the initials they use.

Yup, I would have to agree with you! My husband works for the gov't and my son is in the reserves, so one works for DVA and the other one is a RECCE for the DND! I on the other hand is a MOM! Lol

Mee2

JAGSD 08-17-2010 12:17 PM

Thank you, I really need this! Thanks for taking the time to do this.
Judy

judymart 08-17-2010 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by fabric-holic
I can't open it.
What am I doing wrong?

From the extension on the file name of the download it looks like it was made in Excel but a newer version. If the originator would save it as a older version of Excel then more people can open it. I had the same problem with a co-worker of mine. I have Excel 2000! It's hard to imagine it's 10 years old. Works for what I need to do.

mrspete 08-17-2010 02:47 PM

No M'am I don't. I have Adobe. I think that is the 'read' program. TY

Ruth

Do you have wordperfect?

TreeFrog[/quote]

Joan Rosemary 08-30-2010 03:22 AM

What a fabulous list, thanks guys.
Joan

dsb38327 08-30-2010 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by mrspete
:( Well this old dinosaur does not have those microsoft programs, so I guess I'll guess. I had it before my computer went kAput a few weeks back, forgot to put it on a CD. Most I am learning but I still guess at those acronyms.

Thanks for trying.
Blessings,
Ruth

mrspete, I send you a private message. I can send you the content of the document in an email and you will have the information.
Regards,

3TreeFrog 08-30-2010 05:53 AM

Mrspete

I have sent you a private message with the list of acronyms as well as how to copy them to your very own computer! If you have any problems send me a private message and I will help you again and again until this is resolved! LOL I will not leave you hanging!

TreeFrog