Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   This Quilting Board (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-board-t100422.html)

Mickie612 02-17-2011 04:04 AM

Have you ever thought If the Ladies on this board could run the world, What a wonderful place it would be? There would be spelling and computer mistakes but the love would flow and with all the recipes the world would eat and all would be warm and cuddley with all the quilts.

MDMPanther 02-17-2011 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by jdiane318
There is nothing like coming to read the Board and:
chuckling at the latest joke from Ditter;
ooohhhing and aaaahhhhing the pics of someone's latest quilting endeavor;
learning a new hint or tip;
sharing an opinion or comment;
helping a newbie or an experienced quilter;
copying a new recipe;
find a link to a new fabric shop, pattern or sale;
buying someone's castoff's;
trading for a new treasure;
searching for that fabric or pattern you need (or not)
swapping words of wisdom; and
making new friends on-line.

I love this board for all the above mentioned amenities. This has been the kindest, friendliest, funniest, sharingest, affable and amiable board ever. Glad I found it, happy I found you.

DITTO....Yaaaaay!!!.....WoooooHooooo.....Me too!!!! Sometimes, I've had my laptop sitting in front of my sewing machine....at least now, I'll put it to the side, but I can't tell you how many times I've been stuck on something since joining or wanted to know about something and just did a quick search for an answer and I've ALWAYS found a way. I've recently bought a book and sent it back b/c all the information I needed I found on here!! What a great place and group of people to belong to!!!

rutthy 02-17-2011 04:12 AM

I'll second that it's a great place to be

damaquilts 02-17-2011 05:07 AM

I have to agree. And add something I was thinking about the other day. I have been a member of other boards, not all quilting,they seemed fine at first. Welcoming, friendly, answering questions, But after a bit the cliches came out. People got snippy etc. I have been on this board for a few years now and not one bit of that have I seen. Every question is answered even if its been asked before and people are nice about it.
I come here first every morning to read what ever topics come up in the email I get. gives me time to wake up and usually there is something funny to laugh at what a great way to start the day

didi 02-17-2011 05:21 AM

I love this board, too..so many friends and ideas.

Para722 02-17-2011 05:35 AM

I agree with everyone. This board rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't have my morning coffee without all of you.

foxxigrani 02-17-2011 05:37 AM

Yes Very time comsuming but enjoyable. I do all of the above in the early morning so it hurts no one but me. tee hee and you all know the pain of this board its better than chocolate. I love this board. I belong to several but this is the only one I manage to get on. Love you guys.

Crafty Chick 02-17-2011 05:45 AM

Amen and Amen! Love it and yes, spend too much time here,but it is uplifting when you need it and always helpful and informative!

feffertim 02-17-2011 05:49 AM

you got it right

dolores 02-17-2011 05:50 AM

I couldn't have said it better myself, the people on here are great, ready to help and encourage each other and listen when anybody needs to rant. This place is great and so are the people on here.