Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A quilting bucket list? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-bucket-list-t210013.html)

judi43 01-05-2013 07:31 AM

I have three UFO's that are going to be finished before I start anything new. I also want to do one Christmas Present a month (small items like table center) so I'm not rushed like last year. All this should keep me busy.

EmiliasNana 01-05-2013 08:17 AM

My closet is FULL of things on my bucket list LOL

IBQUILTIN 01-05-2013 08:26 AM

My bucket list has gotten so long, I have them on a legal pad, and check them off as I go. Believe me there are a lot more on the list than there are check marks. My next is my personal challenge appliqued and embelished Native American in full war bonnet.

Treasureit 01-05-2013 08:33 AM

I have several patterns I want to complete...working on Grannies Garden by hand and Hawaiian applique...also by hand....these I hope to finish in my life time.

I also want to make a braided quilt, vintage hankie quilt, lattice (Garden Twist) that I am gathering fabric for at the moment. There are more in my brain...but they aren't coming to the frontal lobe at the moment!

Grace MooreLinker 01-05-2013 09:29 AM

what a beauty

sewnut 01-05-2013 09:56 AM

The mariners compass that I got from somewhere that looks like the one on aqs company logo

MargeD 01-05-2013 10:37 AM

First I have a black/white quilt for our family reunion in July, my family sends fabric and I make the quilt. This year my niece said she would machine quilt it on her long arm if I get it to her early, nice. I have to make a twin size quilt for my DGD, then my DDIL wants me to make a lavender quilt for their bed, queen size. For me, I have batiks that I searched for and gathered so I can make a Boston Commons quilt I saw done in batiks on the cover of a quilting magazine years ago - it takes time to gather your fabrics you know - the quilt was done by Helen Weineman (sp) from Heartbeat Quilts and it's absolutely gorgeous. On one trip to the White Mountains, my husband gave me 10 minutes to race through Keepsake Quilting to get the background fabric,I can move fast whenI want to and I knew what I wanted, might have preferred a slightly lighter blue batik, but that's OK. Hopefully I can get started on it in the next couple of years. Wish me luck.

mommafank 01-05-2013 11:40 AM

Agree with 4EVERquilt-----but I want to make one for each grandchild---quilting one and top done on another, finish an Endless Chain I have started, another crazy quilt, a black and white quilt and an autumn colored quilt and maybe another I Spy and perhaps a Folk Art Quilt. Since I am a hand quilter-----that may be all I can handle unless I live to be 110.

Cybrarian 01-05-2013 12:03 PM

Hmmm-well I advanced from a bucket list, to a wheelbarrow list, to dump size trailer list, then a larger enclosed trailer list. I think I'm up to an earthmover dumptruck sized list..... by my calculations since I'm 60 I need to live to at least 234 and be able to quilt the entire time to finish my list or be able to take it with me. Any chance of that God?......

bookwormsub 01-05-2013 02:13 PM

Yes, I also want to do a whole cloth quilt. All those other ideas are great too! Thanks for all the comments.