Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A quilting bucket list?

bookwormsub

A quilting bucket list?

What is the quilt(s) that you want to do/finish before you die? Mine is a queen or king-size Broken Star quilt. For those who don't know what this pattern looks like, here is an example - http://www.amishcountrylanes.com/Pages/hs92.shtml

So, what quilt is on your bucket list?

Snake River, my friend made one and it is beautiful!!

Ohhh it's gorgeous! I am stock piling orange fabric for my dream quilt haven't decided on a pattern yet I'll know it when I see it.
    Everyday is a good day for Quilting!

A quilt for me to use as a bedspread, so something queen or king-sized. The idea mulling around in my brain is something involving a large mariner's compass, but it's far from designed.

I do also want to make a hexie quilt--I might be away from my machine for a while this coming summer, so that might be a good time to work on a hand-sewn project.

Had not thought of that, boy the broken star is a beauty!!!!

I want to do a bed sized double wedding ring. My mom had one that was made by a grandmother and it got used and loved to shreds during my childhood. I remember that quilt as the inspiration for my interest in quilting.

That Broken Star Quilt is gorgeous! I don't blame you for wanting to make it!

I want to do both the Double Wedding Ring and the Snake River Log Cabin in queen size. However, I've got several to do before I think I will be experienced enough to tackle them.

I have too many on my mind that I want to make before I kick the bucket!! LOL!!
    will quilt 4EVER

Blog Entries
    Storm at sea!!!!

Judy Neimeyer bali wedding ring star, Starburst, and Diamond wedding ring, amongst others. (Unlike 4EVERquilt...they're not on my mind, they're in the sewingroom cupboards.)

Blog Entries
    I'm working on hand appliqué and the hand echo quilting a queen- sized red on white Hawaaian quilt. So far,I' ve spent 2years on it,just sewing when I have a stretch of time.

storm at sea, just right in blues and greys to give an almost nausea inducing sense of motion.

mariners compass, with perfect points.

and a tree of life/medallion quilt using the most gorgeous, unbelievably sumptuous william morris fabrics

aileen

oh. and maybe, just maybe, one of those insanely complicated whole cloth masterpieces. maybe.

aileen

Top of the list would be a OBW but there are many others. Must finish UFOs first.

#1Grandmother's Fan, all in blues and white. #2. Sampler in black and pinks and finally #3. Crazy Quilt.
    Families are like old quilts....although they tend to unravel at times...each can be stitched back together with love.

Blog Entries
    Oh die, I'm going to quilters heaven. Full of fabric you never dreamed off. I will never finish my bucket list so glad I'm going there.
    Finished is better than a UFO

I'd have to live to be 300 yrs old to finish my bucket list. I keep seeing quilts I want to hand applique. I've been working on my current one for over a year. Then there are the paper pieced ones, and the whole cloth, and the intricate pieced ones and the hexies, and the machine appliqued, and the art quilts....so many quilts, so little time, sigh
    "An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." Edwin Land

Blessings! Ruth

on my 2013 bucket list: make 1rst quilt, starting with throw/lap size. I am intriqued with crazy quilts, so that's on my someday bucket list...

i want to make some miniature quilts. i am getting ready to make a drunkard's path one. i just have to get all of my supplies in one place, make a template and off i go. wish me luck!

A New York Beauty is top of my list.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Blog Entries
    I've made three "bedspread" size Double Wedding Ring quilts. Just get one family member taken care of and then another family member guilts me into making them one also.....I know there are patterns out there other than the DWR but can't seem to convince my family of that!! I've got that particular pattern "down to a science." !!

Am starting one that has been on my list for years, it is called Jacobs fan.

ajw
    I'd love to do a scrappy DWR, and then someday...someday a Dear Jane!!

I have way too many on my bucket list. At 63, I need to make haste to even get a fraction of them made. I got a late start at this quilting stuff four years ago, so I have miles to go before I quit!!
    Karen in Kentucky

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast