Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A quilting bucket list?

Quote Originally Posted by rush88888 View Post
    i want to make some miniature quilts. i am getting ready to make a drunkard's path one. i just have to get all of my supplies in one place, make a template and off i go. wish me luck!
    I agree on the miniature part. I was given a William Morris mini charm pack with an order from some company - don't remember which one - and I'm having a lot of fun putting it together. I'm tired of doing great big quilts and wrestling them through my machine and as soon as I have my 6 or 7 UFOs finished I'm going to do only miniature quilts/wall hangings. It will be cheaper, easier to quilt, and - I hope - more fun.

Blog Entries
    My list is so long that I cannot put it all here.
    A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway.

A lone star quilt; a state's quilt with state outlines, capitals, flowers & birds; A daisy dance design quilt; and several that I designed myself to make for various kids & grandkids.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

I have so many I want to make, that I applied to God for an extension.

Texas lone star.
    Wayne & Gabriele, the married quilters.

I have three UFO's that are going to be finished before I start anything new. I also want to do one Christmas Present a month (small items like table center) so I'm not rushed like last year. All this should keep me busy.

My closet is FULL of things on my bucket list LOL

My bucket list has gotten so long, I have them on a legal pad, and check them off as I go. Believe me there are a lot more on the list than there are check marks. My next is my personal challenge appliqued and embelished Native American in full war bonnet.

I have several patterns I want to complete...working on Grannies Garden by hand and Hawaiian applique...also by hand....these I hope to finish in my life time.

I also want to make a braided quilt, vintage hankie quilt, lattice (Garden Twist) that I am gathering fabric for at the moment. There are more in my brain...but they aren't coming to the frontal lobe at the moment!

what a beauty
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

The mariners compass that I got from somewhere that looks like the one on aqs company logo

Power Poster
    First I have a black/white quilt for our family reunion in July, my family sends fabric and I make the quilt. This year my niece said she would machine quilt it on her long arm if I get it to her early, nice. I have to make a twin size quilt for my DGD, then my DDIL wants me to make a lavender quilt for their bed, queen size. For me, I have batiks that I searched for and gathered so I can make a Boston Commons quilt I saw done in batiks on the cover of a quilting magazine years ago - it takes time to gather your fabrics you know - the quilt was done by Helen Weineman (sp) from Heartbeat Quilts and it's absolutely gorgeous. On one trip to the White Mountains, my husband gave me 10 minutes to race through Keepsake Quilting to get the background fabric,I can move fast whenI want to and I knew what I wanted, might have preferred a slightly lighter blue batik, but that's OK. Hopefully I can get started on it in the next couple of years. Wish me luck.

Blog Entries
    Agree with 4EVERquilt-----but I want to make one for each grandchild---quilting one and top done on another, finish an Endless Chain I have started, another crazy quilt, a black and white quilt and an autumn colored quilt and maybe another I Spy and perhaps a Folk Art Quilt. Since I am a hand quilter-----that may be all I can handle unless I live to be 110.
    Mary
    Mary
    Quilts cover us with warmth and love!
    Make quilts not war

Hmmm-well I advanced from a bucket list, to a wheelbarrow list, to dump size trailer list, then a larger enclosed trailer list. I think I'm up to an earthmover dumptruck sized list..... by my calculations since I'm 60 I need to live to at least 234 and be able to quilt the entire time to finish my list or be able to take it with me. Any chance of that God?......
    Come to Me and I will give you rest--Jesus.

bookwormsub
    Yes, I also want to do a whole cloth quilt. All those other ideas are great too! Thanks for all the comments.

this is beautiful in these colors.

I would have to say a Baltimore Album. Not sure that it is realistic though - at this point it's a dream!

Power Poster
    Have quite a few quilts I'd like to someday make. Not really sure which is the one I want to make most. It was always a double wedding ring, as I am scared of it. But I was gifted with a top and it's a giant scrappy one 110 X 110. So now I am looking for fabric for the backing and trying to decide how I want my LAQ quilter to quilt it.

Carpenters wheel (star?) I have purchased dark purple, lilac & white to make for my bedroom. Just haven't had the courage to start

I want to do an applique Balitmore Album flower quit for a queen size bed. Going to start it after I finish current project.

If I live long enough to finish my bucket list, I'll live to be 1000. I want to do a cathedral window, a grandmother's flower garden, a postage stamp, Triple Irish chain....I have a very long list.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2