Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting course...paying by Visa ?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-course-paying-visa-t159387.html)

ploverwi2 10-10-2011 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Deborahlees

Originally Posted by Johanna Fritz

Originally Posted by Deborahlees

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
There should also be a phone number there, call and give them your number over the phone.

excellent answer

:thumbup:

Former cop here, there is actually "less" security when you give a person the number. If you are at a secure site (look at the "lock" icon to the left of the web address) that is more secure and someone would have to extract data from a computer (traceable, usually) to get your info, vs. taking it down on a piece of paper. I use Lifelock. Great company.

Even better answer.......

:lol: :lol:

I totally agree with your advice. I always make sure it has the lock symbol for a secure site.

LadyElisabeth 10-10-2011 12:22 PM

I am thinking about signing up for a craftsy class. I've had nothing but trouble with my paypal acocunt so will have to go the VISA route.

jljack 10-10-2011 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by CarrieC
We have an internet VISA. It has a small limit on it and it is not "linked" to any of our other accounts. If someone snitches or hacks it - they can't get much.

What a great idea!! It's like my 2nd e-mail address..l.only used for places that I know I will get junk mail from...I never go in and look at it...it's just for junk mail!!

raksmum 10-10-2011 10:30 PM

I just purchased a course from them and no problem at all. It is secure.

ranger 10-11-2011 09:40 AM

Thanks for the replies. I just signed up using my Visa #.

The course looks interesting...lots of instructions and tips. Think I'm going to enjoy it.

Xtgirl 10-11-2011 09:49 AM

I paid them through paypal. I had a very good experience with craftsy. Incidentally, someone hacked my paypal account a long time ago, so I use their feature where they text me a code to my cell so I can log into my account. Since then I haven't had a problem with getting hacked.

Xtgirl 10-11-2011 09:49 AM

Double post? Sorry

DonnaC 10-11-2011 11:48 AM

I'm enrolled in several Craftsy courses right now; have used my credit card to pay, and I've also paid with PayPal. Never had any problems so far! I love Craftsy.. I think they have developed a wonderful instructional method and I hope they continue to add courses in the future. The Missouri Quilt Co. courses are beyond awesome!! And, well worth the money.

CarrieC 10-11-2011 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by ranger

The course looks interesting...lots of instructions and tips. Think I'm going to enjoy it.

I hope you post when you finish the course! I'd like to hear your opinions.

raksmum 10-11-2011 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by ranger

:thumbup: Enjoy the course!