Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Quilting course...paying by Visa ??

  1. #1
    Super Member ranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    3,613
    Blog Entries
    9
    I want to do the Pictorial Quilting course offered by Craftsy. It is $25 so I think it's a good deal.

    I am worried about giving my Visa number. Is the Craftsy site reliable/secure? Is it a good idea to give my Visa #?
    Also, I am from Canada. I am thinking that the course will cost me more in Canadian dollars. Has anyone from Canada taken a course online? How was the price affected?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Super Member sewwhat85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    6,895
    what about pay pal?

  3. #3
    Super Member DogHouseMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Knot Merrill, Southern Indiana
    Posts
    5,713
    There should also be a phone number there, call and give them your number over the phone.

  4. #4
    Super Member Deborahlees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wine Country-Southern California
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
    There should also be a phone number there, call and give them your number over the phone.
    excellent answer

    :thumbup:

  5. #5
    Junior Member chiaraquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    219
    The payment page is secure using SSL technology. You can tell by the "https" at the beginning of the URL. There is also a "locked" icon at the right hand side of the address bar. They also take paypal.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Johanna Fritz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Menomonee Falls, WI
    Posts
    567
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborahlees
    Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
    There should also be a phone number there, call and give them your number over the phone.
    excellent answer

    :thumbup:
    Former cop here, there is actually "less" security when you give a person the number. If you are at a secure site (look at the "lock" icon to the left of the web address) that is more secure and someone would have to extract data from a computer (traceable, usually) to get your info, vs. taking it down on a piece of paper. I use Lifelock. Great company.

  7. #7
    Super Member Deborahlees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wine Country-Southern California
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanna Fritz
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborahlees
    Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
    There should also be a phone number there, call and give them your number over the phone.
    excellent answer

    :thumbup:
    Former cop here, there is actually "less" security when you give a person the number. If you are at a secure site (look at the "lock" icon to the left of the web address) that is more secure and someone would have to extract data from a computer (traceable, usually) to get your info, vs. taking it down on a piece of paper. I use Lifelock. Great company.
    Even better answer.......

    :lol: :lol:

  8. #8
    Super Member Melinda in Tulsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,493
    Blog Entries
    62
    I've purchased 3 course from them with no problem. I feel it is as secure as possible over the internet. I will take my chances!

  9. #9
    Senior Member CarrieC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    818
    We have an internet VISA. It has a small limit on it and it is not "linked" to any of our other accounts. If someone snitches or hacks it - they can't get much.

  10. #10
    Senior Member ploverwi2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger
    I want to do the Pictorial Quilting course offered by Craftsy. It is $25 so I think it's a good deal.

    I am worried about giving my Visa number. Is the Craftsy site reliable/secure? Is it a good idea to give my Visa #?
    Also, I am from Canada. I am thinking that the course will cost me more in Canadian dollars. Has anyone from Canada taken a course online? How was the price affected?

    Thanks.
    I would not be worried at all. I have used my Visa on the site before. Also, I used PayPal, which instantly let me open the course.

  11. #11
    Senior Member ploverwi2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborahlees
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanna Fritz
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborahlees
    Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
    There should also be a phone number there, call and give them your number over the phone.
    excellent answer

    :thumbup:
    Former cop here, there is actually "less" security when you give a person the number. If you are at a secure site (look at the "lock" icon to the left of the web address) that is more secure and someone would have to extract data from a computer (traceable, usually) to get your info, vs. taking it down on a piece of paper. I use Lifelock. Great company.
    Even better answer.......

    :lol: :lol:
    I totally agree with your advice. I always make sure it has the lock symbol for a secure site.

  12. #12
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    metro Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,278
    I am thinking about signing up for a craftsy class. I've had nothing but trouble with my paypal acocunt so will have to go the VISA route.

  13. #13
    Super Member jljack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North Carolina - But otherwise, NOTW
    Posts
    8,073
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieC
    We have an internet VISA. It has a small limit on it and it is not "linked" to any of our other accounts. If someone snitches or hacks it - they can't get much.
    What a great idea!! It's like my 2nd e-mail address..l.only used for places that I know I will get junk mail from...I never go in and look at it...it's just for junk mail!!

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    788
    Blog Entries
    2
    I just purchased a course from them and no problem at all. It is secure.

  15. #15
    Super Member ranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    3,613
    Blog Entries
    9
    Thanks for the replies. I just signed up using my Visa #.

    The course looks interesting...lots of instructions and tips. Think I'm going to enjoy it.

  16. #16
    Junior Member Xtgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    286
    I paid them through paypal. I had a very good experience with craftsy. Incidentally, someone hacked my paypal account a long time ago, so I use their feature where they text me a code to my cell so I can log into my account. Since then I haven't had a problem with getting hacked.

  17. #17
    Junior Member Xtgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    286
    Double post? Sorry

  18. #18
    Super Member DonnaC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,515
    I'm enrolled in several Craftsy courses right now; have used my credit card to pay, and I've also paid with PayPal. Never had any problems so far! I love Craftsy.. I think they have developed a wonderful instructional method and I hope they continue to add courses in the future. The Missouri Quilt Co. courses are beyond awesome!! And, well worth the money.

  19. #19
    Senior Member CarrieC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger
    Thanks for the replies. I just signed up using my Visa #.

    The course looks interesting...lots of instructions and tips. Think I'm going to enjoy it.
    I hope you post when you finish the course! I'd like to hear your opinions.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    788
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger
    Thanks for the replies. I just signed up using my Visa #.

    The course looks interesting...lots of instructions and tips. Think I'm going to enjoy it.
    :thumbup: Enjoy the course!

  21. #21
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    10,710
    Blog Entries
    36
    GOod answer. Enjoy your class since you signed up. Hope you update us here how it went. Have fun.

  22. #22
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,342
    They have pre paid visa cards. With all the trouble with credit cards the prepaid might be something to look into at least someone couldn't charge thousands on it (unless you have that amount in there). I would leave this one at home though for using on internet.

  23. #23
    Senior Member Mona Lisa 2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    350
    Are courses online very good with instructions?

  24. #24
    Senior Member stitchengramie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Allegan, MI
    Posts
    767
    Sometimes you can fine free quilting courses online on YouTube.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.