Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   quilting families (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-families-t99512.html)

Quiltbin 02-15-2011 05:48 PM

All alone am I .......................

QuiltswithConvicts 02-15-2011 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by fayzer
I wish I had my very own quilting guild!

I do! It's this Board. I get as much enjoyment from these quilters as I do from the local quilt club. Just about everything that a guild does is being done here - just no dues or officers - unless you count Admin & our Moderators. We have BOMs, Show & Tell (Pctures), chat, swaps. The best part of it - we can attend in our jammies!

roseOfsharon 02-15-2011 06:12 PM

You are very fortunate! I don't have anyone in the family who quilts. Maybe one day one of the daughter/daughter-in-law, will take it up. Neither have shown an interest for crafts of any sort!

lclang 02-15-2011 09:21 PM

My mom and I quilted separately but compared notes and talked on the phone a lot. Also traded fabrics and helped each other with color choices. Now she is gone but my second daughter quilts and we get to do the same things. It is a real joy for me and I think she feels the same. We do not live in the same town but do try to get together at least for one weekend each summer and quilt, quilt, quilt. We did it last year and plan to do it again this summer. Other than that I am a loner!

lclang 02-15-2011 09:21 PM

My mom and I quilted separately but compared notes and talked on the phone a lot. Also traded fabrics and helped each other with color choices. Now she is gone but my second daughter quilts and we get to do the same things. It is a real joy for me and I think she feels the same. We do not live in the same town but do try to get together at least for one weekend each summer and quilt, quilt, quilt. We did it last year and plan to do it again this summer. Other than that I am a loner!

katigirl 02-16-2011 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by jdeery
Well, actually, I quilt with my husband's cousin and his sister
sometimes, it is hard for us to get together, but I try and use
the days I am off work and we get together. I have a small
quilt group, and we meet once a month. But that has dwindled
sadly, I am trying to get them back interested in some project
but people are doing their own thing, and we do show and tell
alot, which is very inspirational. I love working together with
another, it just is exciting!!! Also, going on my first quilt
retreat, and I can't wait.

Where is the retreat located at? I'll be going to one in march and live in sw ny state.

Iamquilter 02-16-2011 10:22 AM

Deborah12687
Where in Minnesota are you from? send me a pm , maybe if we are close enough we can get together.

Quilter54 02-16-2011 11:03 AM

I do have a group of friends that quilt & we get together once a month & work on a project. We decide around Oct. or Nov. of the previous year what we are going to do. Each one of our quilts come out different because we all use different fabrics & finish the tops different. This is our 3rd yr. doing it.

Quilter54 02-16-2011 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter54
Just me. Mom passed away years ago & my sister don't know what a needle is.

I responded later done on the list. I didn't know until after I posted that this is where I should have done it.

Actually it is right above this post.

grammysharon 02-17-2011 12:44 AM

Just me in my family. I have a cousin who quilts but she lives in North Carolina. :-(