Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Gloves (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-gloves-t75928.html)

acjacques 11-13-2010 06:50 AM

I have bought the Fons & Porter gloves, but they frayed at the finger seams. I bought the gardeners gloves at a discount store and these were much better in grip and fit.

OHSue 11-13-2010 06:55 AM

I have the Machingers, I took a fmq class and the teacher had all of the aid for fmq, rings, halo, garden gloves, finger cots, etc. So I got to try these up agains other fmq aids and other brands and love them. They are flexible engough I can thread a needle while wearing them and have tried quilting without them and just coudln't do it.

janb 11-13-2010 07:01 AM

I use cotton gardening gloves with the little rubber dots on the finger tips...were a gift from my daughter last summer.

Quilt Mama 11-13-2010 07:04 AM

Another Machiniger fan here. I started with the cheap garden gloves, the thin mini gloves for winter and various other things that other gals in group said worked well. For me Machinigers is the only one that I use.

For the hand work I use Hand Eze gloves. Fingers are free but they keep all those tendons warm. I also have theraputic thumb supports that I was forced to use again this week. I overdid the cross stitching the other night and I have not had such a vicious attack from such a short period of time ever before. I will also use the Hand Eze as I am now when I am at the computer. There are other brands out there as well but I haven't used them.

Marvlin 11-13-2010 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by dunster
Machingers - not very expensive and they fit better than anything else, don't feel too warm, and you can do most of your sewing tasks with them on so you're not always slipping them off and on.

I agree. The Machingers are light weight, and I found a fit in these gloves which has been a problem for me. I wear XS and that does not mean Small to med., it means I need XS. They are cheap, they are breathable, my hands don't sweat and I have trouble with fabric sometimes messing the ends of my fingers up, splitting. These gloves have removed that problem from my life also.

angieh1964 11-13-2010 07:31 AM

i did not buy "quilting gloves" i found some at harbor freight that fit fairly well that work well for me i think i paid 3 bucks for them and mr clean now makes a line of cleaning stuff and one of the things they make is a pair of spandex like material that has rubber grippy stuff on the fingers and palms that also fit well didnt see the need to pay high prices for something just because it says "quilting"

CruisingStef 11-13-2010 08:50 AM

The first pair that I purchased were Machingers, now I'm using Graberoos.I have used the cheapo's also, but they don't give you the control you want. Not only do Machingers control the feed of the fabric into your machine, but I have found that it helps emmensely with my Arthritis. I love them, and won't quilt anymore without another pair. (The Graberoos I'm using now, are better then nothing- but give me Machingers again. PLEASE????

KathyKat 11-13-2010 10:44 AM

I use the Machingers also and love them. They are comfortable to wear and really help me move the quilt around when I fmq.

gramquilter2 11-13-2010 11:19 AM

I too use the Machingers. They are not expensive, your hands don't get hot and sweaty, and it helps move the fabric easier.

sidmona 11-13-2010 11:39 AM

I use the machingers for my FMQ and love them. They really help reduce the tension in your arms and shoulders. I tried the Fons & Porter ones but the finger tips wore out too fast.