Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting...A Hazardous Hobby? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-hazardous-hobby-t64987.html)

SuziC 09-16-2010 02:42 AM

Time as we know it does not exist to quilters. Have you ever noticed that when you're working on a special "project" that the dishes seem to multipy by themselves, the vacumn cleaner gets all kinds of dust on it, that pile of laundry that you thought you did reappears! How many times have you said to the family "we'll just have soup and sandwiches for dinner"
And my favorite is when you look at the clock and think "gee, i forgot i need sleep". How about the times when you buy that special fabric that you just have to have for that special quilt you have yet to design and say " oh well, i'll buy groceries next week". We still have soup left! And oh yes...you look in the mirror when your jeans are a little too tight and think..wow that dryer shrunk them again! It can't be that chair i've been sitting in for hours on end! So what do you think...hazardous or just plain addicting??? LOL

judylg 09-16-2010 02:49 AM

I am thinking it is the best addiction I have, that can produce very nice results. I have hurt myself a few times, but as of yet, not seriously.

Lady-T 09-16-2010 03:01 AM

I agree - VERY addictive; therapeutic; medicinal; lifesaving; mind stimulating ..... and more.

And there are 'some' people that just say it's just a stupid hobby!! :evil:

azwendyg 09-16-2010 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lady-T
I agree - VERY addictive; therapeutic; medicinal; lifesaving; mind stimulating ..... and more.

For sure!

2ursula 09-16-2010 03:08 AM

It's a great hobby!

I have lost a little weight already because I forget to have dinner!

blzzrdqueen 09-16-2010 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Lady-T

And there are 'some' people that just say it's just a stupid hobby!! :evil:

I love all your words of description, as you stole them right from my mouth! I find quilting to be the most relaxing and stimulating hobby I have, and I have alot of hobbies!

purplefiend 09-16-2010 03:42 AM

My hubby says I'm addicted to quilting. I say there are worse things to be addicted to! At least I'm in control of my faculties! lol

AlienQuilter 09-16-2010 03:49 AM

DH laughs at me when I stick/cut myself and I'm more worried about getting blood on the fabric then I'm about getting hurt!

grann of 6 09-16-2010 04:08 AM

Yes, it is addictive. Luckily I live alone except for my 2 wonderful dogs. They remind me when I have been in the basement too long, when it is mealtime, and when it is pottytime. Otherwise I probably wouldn't eat or do any of the other necessary things. Of course I don't get as much accomplished as I would like, for the interrruptions. When I go back down to sew I have to think what I was doing when I stopped. And I usually end up going to something else. Too many things going at once.

CarrieAnne 09-16-2010 04:11 AM

Totally addictive, just like this board, and fabric shopping!