Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting hen party with Friends Suggestions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-hen-party-friends-suggestions-t280162.html)

RedGarnet222 07-04-2016 08:02 AM

Hey don't forget the camera! This is a fun event and should be documented. When I used to host a ornament swap, I would take pictures with my digital, print them out and send each person home with a picture of the event. It was a great way for them to remember the time spent with friends.

dunster 07-04-2016 08:29 AM

Hey mjpEncinitas - are you in Encinitas CA? Can I come too? (just kidding, but it sounds like fun)

Onebyone 07-04-2016 10:09 AM

Sounds like a great fun time to me!

mike'sgirl 07-04-2016 10:49 AM

I am cutting a project out right now and I thought about when a friend borrowed my cutter and failed to close it. I reached for it and knicked my finger. It might be a good idea to give the ladies a lesson on the importance of closing the cutters and being safe with them.
I hope you have a good time and show us pictures of your day.

suern3 07-04-2016 01:55 PM

Sounds like so much fun!

QUILTNMO 07-04-2016 04:58 PM

be sure to have mand ms we have them at bee sewins lol

applique 07-04-2016 05:02 PM

I use fray block on the edges before doing raw edge.

Karamarie 07-05-2016 03:29 AM

Our small (7) quilting group gets together every so often for a sew day. We have potluck so everyone brings a dish to share. The one hosting provides dishes/utensils and beverages. Everyone works on their own project, brings a sewing machine if needed. Hostess provides an ironing board. At my house I have a table that opens to 123" and we can all fit around it. It works good and is fun.

duckydo 07-05-2016 04:06 AM

There are 7 of us that have been a sewing group for about 25 years.we get together every Tuesday. We take turns hostessing it. We always have snacks. Make sure you have plenty of extension cords. And I agree make sure everyone labels their tools, and i am a real stickler about open rotary cutters. They are dangerous. I try to get everyone in the habit of closing them when they lay them down. Most of all have fun... We call our group "Stitch N Bitch".

Rennie 07-05-2016 04:32 AM

When I got my first embroidery machine in the early 1990's, I did not know anyone who did sewing, etc. So I put a note out on Craigslist and asked if anyone who has a Janome would like to come over to my house (small condo) and get together to learn from each other. I truly did not know many people in our city as I had just lived there a year or so at the time. Low and behold, about 5 or 6 people contacted me and came over one Saturday (without machines) just to meet and discuss our hobby. From that, we decided to get together once a month, and we did that at one of the ladies house who had a large den. This went on for years, until about two years ago when Mary died. Her home was sort of central to us, and we missed her so much. We never got together again - but it was a WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE for lo those many years. You will make wonderful friends - so just ENJOY the day and see what happens.