Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting hen party with Friends Suggestions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-hen-party-friends-suggestions-t280162.html)

carolynjo 07-05-2016 04:38 AM

I think you have a wonderful activity planned and the girls, hopefully, will have a memorable day!

tkhooper 07-05-2016 04:41 AM

4 of us are doing this on friday with pot luck. We decided the dishes in advance so we would have a nice lunch. We are all quilters with at least some experience. I'm a novice having quilted a little over a year and we have 2 fiber artist in the group so "go to" isn't too much of a problem. I'm taking Grandma's Flower Garden with me. I am using the English paper piecing method and it travels well. Oh, I'm taking the baked mac and cheese and using my new covered casserole dish. The other things are pulled pork, a salad and dessert.

Quiltngolfer 07-05-2016 04:46 AM

This sounds like so much fun! I would love to do this with some of my friends. I hope you all have a wonderful time!

toverly 07-05-2016 05:43 AM

Sounds perfect to me, especially since hubby is handling lunch. I meet with three other friends and sew together about every other month at each others houses. 4 is perfect, we all fit around the dining room table. We bring precut projects so it is just sewing. Since you are doing raw edge applique, you may want to set up an additional pattern table or give each of you half a table, like in a class. Most of the raw edge I have done gets quite messy (like scrapbooking) from the expansion of material bits and pieces. One table can be for cutting and assembling the applique and another for sewing.

greaterexp 07-05-2016 06:57 AM

I'd be sure to take plenty of pictures. Shutterfly and other sources have little books of your pictures that would make a great memento of your fun time together.

tessagin 07-05-2016 07:02 AM

Have fun!!

Jane Quilter 07-05-2016 07:22 AM

sounds like so much fun. wish i was there.

annette1952 07-05-2016 11:13 AM

So many great ideas. I wished I knew more people that quilted because it sounds like so much fun. None of my friends even know how to thread a needle let alone "sew". It just never interested them. Have fun & take lots of pics. Please post some pics for us. Also what a great DH to fix lunch for your group. Very nice of him to do for you.

DonnaFreak 07-05-2016 11:14 AM

A few of us where I used to work used to get together once a week after work and quilt...each of us working on different projects. Since we didn't go home first and were there through dinner time, we would bring snacks that we could munch on while sewing. Things such as pretzels, fresh vegies and dip, or fruit can be eaten without getting our hands greasy or stained (no potato chips, Doritos, or Cheetos for example), and make minimal mess even if accidentally spilled. And of course as already mentioned, drink bottles with lids.

Donna

zozee 07-05-2016 04:44 PM

It sounds like a really fun experience and you'll make some great memories. Aside from what's already been mentioned, I would consider trying to do all the shopping ahead of time so that you're not taking away from "productivity"--if that's the goal. But if having fun is the goal, then we all know that fabric shopping is top notch fun!