Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Magazines ?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-magazines-t241568.html)

rupe 02-20-2014 06:07 AM

Quilting Magazines ??

I was thinking about subscribing to a magazine and I was wondering what ones are the most popular. What I am looking for is kind of a mixed bag of ideas I enjoy making bags and table runners, pillow covers, wall hangings, kitchen stuff, and other items for around the home. I am kind of new to sewing.
There may not be this type of magazine out there........

cjsews 02-20-2014 06:11 AM

There is one called Quilts and More. I think it is a Better Homes And Garden publication. It has a variety of projects in it.

erstan947 02-20-2014 06:12 AM

"Quilts and More" has a variety of projects. Happy Quilting:)

Onebyone 02-20-2014 06:26 AM

I didn't renew any of the quilt magazines this year. I have had them all over the years. I did subscribe to Missouri Star Quilt Co new magazine Block. The first issue is coming out this month!

PaperPrincess 02-20-2014 06:52 AM

I have bad luck with magazines. I'll get two issues in a row from the news stand, Love them, get a subscription, then not like any of the patterns in subsequent issues. I've let everything lapse. Fortunately, there are a couple of Barnes & Nobles in the area, so I just stop by every couple of months and browse, purchasing only the ones that have a pattern I really like.

Rose Marie 02-20-2014 07:12 AM

Quilting Quickly from Missouri Star but it is not a subscription, you can only buy them as they are issued. I think they have issued 4 so far.
A new one that I just found and subscribed to is Quilt It Today. Love this mag.

Onebyone 02-20-2014 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Rose Marie (Post 6585823)
Quilting Quickly from Missouri Star but it is not a subscription, you can only buy them as they are issued. I think they have issued 4 so far.
A new one that I just found and subscribed to is Quilt It Today. Love this mag.

Quilting Quickly is not from Missouri Star it is from Fons and Porter and it featured Jenny Doan for four issues. Jenny Doan is publishing her own company magazine called Block. You purchase each issue just as you do with Quilting Quickly. F&P are still publishing Quilting Quickly but featuring different quilters.

ManiacQuilter2 02-20-2014 08:21 AM

Just go down to JAF or Hobby Lobby and check out the magazines on the racks. I just buy the magazine if there are at least two items I want to make. I was disappointed that JAF doesn't let you use the coupons on magazines anymore. But Hobby Lobby does!!

BrendaK 02-20-2014 08:27 AM

I also have had issues (no pun intended) with magazine subscriptions. I want to try a free issue and long before I get the magazine I start getting bills for the subscription. In the future I will just check the issues out at the checkstand and purchase what I want. No more trial subscriptions for me. BrendaK

labug 02-20-2014 10:20 AM

I like Fons and Porter, Love of Quilting magazine.