Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Pet Peeve (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-pet-peeve-t175445.html)

sylviak 01-13-2012 06:08 AM

People who think I can make them a queen-size quilt for under $100!

lisalovesquilting 01-13-2012 06:09 AM

A day when I just want to happily sew and the phone keeps ringing. Even if I don't answer it I still have to listen to the ringing.

WilliP 01-13-2012 06:19 AM

the quilt police --- you may have met them --- relatives who don't know up from down about basic sewing let alone quilting who pick apart the project you labored hard on. They are why I make quilts for the little ones and hang the adults! LOL

Quilt-Till-U-Wilt 01-13-2012 06:44 AM

Running out of bobbin thread. I have the Janome 6500 and ity has a seperate motor for winding the bobbin without unthreading your machine. Never can get it to work. The 2 threads just tangle so I'm still unthreading to fill the bobbin.

MaryLane 01-13-2012 06:54 AM

My pet peeves:

Designs that are not printed straight on the fabric

People that assume the way they were taught is the ONLY way to do something. For example, I never saw a seam ripper until I was 13. I tear up more stuff with a seam ripper than I do using scissors to pick stuff apart.

And....this one is dumb, but.....yellow fabric. I hate the color yellow for the most part. There are a few exceptions but I am stewing over this because I signed up for a BOM at the LQS and it has more yellow than I think I can handle. I know....I am crazy. But, it is okay. The people in my little world know me and accept me. LOL

judykay 01-13-2012 07:28 AM

My biggest pet peeves are:

1) laying something down and not being able to find it (scissors etc.)
2) dropping my needle and not being able to find it (biggest pet peeve of all)

BellaBoo 01-13-2012 07:41 AM

My pet peeve is cheapo quilters who won't buy the specialty tool or ruler for a class but show up and expect to borrow it from those that do have it and have the instructor say that's okay, I'm sure everyone will share. I have to go tracking down my borrowed items when I need them. I go to a lot of classes and workshops and this seems to be a very common thing.

susie-susie-susie 01-13-2012 07:52 AM

Dropped pins. I never know that they have dropped until my DH finds them. I think he is an expert in finding dropped pins. He always steps on them. I never step on any--just lucky i guess.
Sue

Tartan 01-13-2012 08:00 AM

The quilt looks perfect.....in my head! Someplace between the idea and the final product, something goes wrong.

valleyquiltermo 01-13-2012 08:15 AM

Designs that are not printed straight on the fabric. Running out of bobbin thread but finding out after you just finished A 3 yard strip. Also my embroidary machine, people how think you can do thier embroidary for next to nothing. Also who people order quilts then don't pick them up, long time friends as family, people you trusted not to put a down payment on.