Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Pet Peeve (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-pet-peeve-t175445.html)

gramarraine 01-13-2012 08:16 AM

I hate it when I chop off points or can't get my corners to match up.

Cagey 01-13-2012 08:28 AM

- Bobbin running out. My Babylock is suppose to have a sensor but it rarely work.
- My fabric getting eaten by my sewing machine. (A new staletto has helped some)
- My DH using my cutting table for his projects because it is bigger and less cluttered than his workbench.
- Finding fabric on sale a week after I've bought some.
-Sewing needles that break in the middle of a project.

Buckeye Rose 01-13-2012 08:32 AM

working with pinwheels and not being able to get the points to match.....finding the perfect fabric in my stash and then realizing there isn't enough for the project.....men who know absolutely nothing about sewing who want things fixed and then try to tell you how to do it......trying to find a pattern that will work with the fabrics in your stash because the budget won't allow new purchases

Sierra 01-13-2012 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Sewflower (Post 4869799)
My pet peeve is when someone borrows my scissors and doesn't put them back where they found it.

My pet peeve is when DH sneaks in and gets one of his screwdrivers, the calculator, one of the permanent markers, as well as the kitchen scissors (he does the cooking now that we are "retired") AND ACTS LIKE HE HAS A RIGHT. Imagine how much quilting time is lost getting those things back!!!

happylab 01-13-2012 09:10 AM

Being in the mood to quilt and can't because I have some other project around the house that has to get done first. Like pay bills, clean house, laundry. Or run the dogs.

DawnFurlong 01-13-2012 09:17 AM

---not being able to find something I know is in my sewing room (usually scissors or seam ripper)
---chain piecing smaller pieces without pinning - and finding that every 2nd or 3rd one is off enough that I feel the need to rip the seam and re-sew.
---bobbin thread running out - yet I don't notice until I have sewn for some time after (and am excited that I got a section, or a long strip, done)
---probably my number 1 pet peeve right now - no matter how carefully I cut, press, piece - darn it all if some of my squares are slightly off. On my current quilt, this will be my first try at squaring up my blocks before assembling the top.

maryb119 01-13-2012 09:40 AM

My pet peeve is not having as much time as I would like to have to quilt.

crafty pat 01-13-2012 09:51 AM

When I put something down and can't find it when I reach for it again.

Suzannew 01-13-2012 09:53 AM

When I've got the "fat finger" syndrom and drop that darned bobbin I've just wound, only to watch it roll across the floor undwinding itself.ARGH

"Painting myself into a corner" by having everything close by and having to get up , only to have one thing slip, followed by the others.

You'd think I'd learn not to crowd myself.

cscray 01-13-2012 09:59 AM

The pet peeve that drives me very batty, is when my husband comes to me with an elbow out of the sleeve. And he thinks that I can fix anything. Most of the eblows do not have any fabric that can have a patch attached to. He has told me that all I have to do is bring the fabric together and sew it up. I love him and have told him that I would give him a needle and tread to do it himself, he just walks away and tries later to get me to do it.