Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Quickly Magazine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-quickly-magazine-t214361.html)

Geri B 02-20-2013 11:09 AM

Quilting Quickly Magazine

I finally got one of these mags. Had to order from MSQ site, because none of the supposed sources around me had it. Anyway, I like the mag, but my concern is its affiliation with F/P. Kits and tutes available thru their website......is this going to be an ongoing thing? Just wondering. I don't honestly know if I will buy future issue if it offered....especially if the price remains as it is (9.99)--that is quite high...there is a lot of ads for F/P thruout.......Hope the tutes on Utube will continue to be there is they become a branch of fons/fons..............

Quilty-Louise 02-20-2013 11:30 AM

I got mine several weeks ago, and some how I have managed to misplace
it somewhere in all my stuff.

Can't wait to find it again so I can sit and enjoy it.

jcrow 02-20-2013 11:33 AM

I think this one was worth the money because it featured Jenny Doan and her YouTube videos and her quick quilts. I don't know if I'll buy any more of them. I'll have to check them out at the store first. This one was a gem!

TexasSunshine 02-20-2013 11:37 AM

I really like the issue also and would probably buy the next one. I like to be able to look at the video and the written part also. I think it will help when I am ready to make the project.

cjackaitlin 02-20-2013 11:37 AM

I got my book from MSQ and Jenny signed it. I'm not sure if I"d bur another.Will have to see $9.99 is tp high.Mary

PaperPrincess 02-20-2013 12:26 PM

Quilting Quickly is published by F&P, so there's going to continue to be a very strong tie.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 02-20-2013 12:37 PM

In the Missouri Star Quilt Co. live chat last night, Jenny said she will continue to work on new videos to post on YouTube. That may not mean all the quilts in the magazine will have a tutorial, but there will be tutorials from her on YouTube in the future.

She said one she is working on is tumbling blocks with no Y-seams and using precuts.

justflyingin 02-20-2013 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 5875584)
I finally got one of these mags. Had to order from MSQ site, because none of the supposed sources around me had it. Anyway, I like the mag, but my concern is its affiliation with F/P. Kits and tutes available thru their website......is this going to be an ongoing thing? Just wondering. I don't honestly know if I will buy future issue if it offered....especially if the price remains as it is (9.99)--that is quite high...there is a lot of ads for F/P thruout.......Hope the tutes on Utube will continue to be there is they become a branch of fons/fons..............

What does F/P stand for and why does that bother you? I'm in the dark here...
(When I see FP I think Fisher Price). :)

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 02-20-2013 12:42 PM

F/P == Fons and Porter

EllieGirl 02-20-2013 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by justflyingin (Post 5875811)
What does F/P stand for and why does that bother you? I'm in the dark here...
(When I see FP I think Fisher Price). :)

I'm in the dark too. I don't understand why that would be an issue.

Is this an online magazine? Jenny's videos are available through the MSQ website in the tutorial section. Also, there is an MSQ app that has tutorials.