Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting resolutions....help, please!?! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-resolutions-help-please-t293756.html)

running1 01-02-2018 08:23 AM

Quilting resolutions....help, please!?!

Hello dear quilters...well, I am "Miss Inspiration" for our guild...charged with opening our meetings with something "inspirational." During the year I found many great moments to share...but here is another year and I need your help!? I'm thinking we need to have some resolutions and I'm hoping you can help me fashion some cute ideas?

The one I've thought of goes something like this: I resolve to always respond with a bright smile and a perky voice, "Oh look at that...my bobbin thread is out...and look, it's been out for almost this whole seam!"

Sooooo...can you help!? Thank you!!! (this should be fun...)

zozee 01-02-2018 09:14 AM

That’s funny!

I resolve to clear off my cutting table every night before bed.
Even on days that end with “y”.

Kitsie 01-02-2018 10:12 AM

Good ones, gals! I will keep following this post!

pewa88 01-02-2018 11:26 AM

I resolve to cut my scraps for my scrap user system right after I cut a new project and before I start working on said project. (I actually started doing this and I am sooooo glad I did.)

PaperPrincess 01-02-2018 11:29 AM

I vow to clean up after each project. Of course this also was last year's resolution and when I finally cleaned for the holidays, it was like an archeological dig going thru all the layers of projects for that year ;-)

Charleen DiSante 01-02-2018 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by pewa88 (Post 7974943)
I resolve to cut my scraps for my scrap user system right after I cut a new project and before I start working on said project. (I actually started doing this and I am sooooo glad I did.)

I have a question. When you cut down your scraps do you regret it because those pieces are not all in one place and are mixed in?

cjsews 01-02-2018 03:09 PM

Oh, I lost my seam ripper. Now if I can only find the other 5 I have just in case this happens.

Tartan 01-02-2018 03:14 PM

Oh look, the very tricky Y seam fits perfectly! To bad I used the wrong side of the fabric!

pewa88 01-02-2018 08:07 PM

Charleen, I have no regrets at all. The criteria I use for scraps are not for large pieces of fabric that might be used in another quilt. I cut up scraps into the units that can be used in a scrap quilt. Very small pieces are put in a bag for crumb quilts. Hopefully this answers your question. Being more organized in this way saves lots of time that I can use planning and piecing new projects.

Dolphyngyrl 01-02-2018 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by zozee (Post 7974828)
That’s funny!

I resolve to clear off my cutting table every night before bed.
Even on days that end with “y”.

I think my family would question my mental state if my dining room table was ever clear lol