Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting retreat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-retreat-t44788.html)

Debra Mc 05-03-2010 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Sharon321

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
Yes. I just went to my first last weekend. We had a blast. Going again next year as the one in Sept I'm too busy with football.

I live outside of Dallas. Where was the retreat you attended? Which group?

I love retreats. I have one in less than 3 weeks.

My group is called Sew Sisters. I am new, my 1st one. We go to Greenbriar Retreat in Eustace Tx. It's about 13 miles out of Athens going towards Canton. Another one is scheduled in Sept & then next year in April.

NewYearsOld 05-03-2010 05:01 PM

LOL! I just got back from one yesterday afternoon. Friday thru Sunday. I really needed this, as I have been working overtime for 8 months. If anyones phone rings, we all get to say really loud, "Hello Honey!" This year we really didn't play any of the games as we were all trying to get our Mystery Quilt done for the quilt show in Sept. It was fun to see everyones choice of fabric with the same pattern. Only two of us changed up the border a little. Don't know the name of the quilt pattern, but the border was to be 4 patch clear across, and one lady had a border print fabric and mitered the corners and I am doing my 4 patch set on point. :) Some of us made pillowcases to be sent to our Soldiers, and two of us also worked on Relay for Life quilts. Wonderful food, fun and fellowship. Lots of laughter and new friendships!

debbieumphress 05-03-2010 05:37 PM

I go to a retreat at Mt Calm ,Tx called Compass pointe. You can google it. We stay thur-sun and they have a store right there in the main area. So tempting. They fix us all meals and leave us snacks for all thru the day, flavored coffees. Wish there were more retreats closer. I would. This one is at the end of august. I also signed up for one in Quinlan Texas next to Stichin Heaven quilt shop. It's in April. I am going to look up more too. LOL

missgigglewings 05-03-2010 05:55 PM

They are fun, aren't they? I just got back from 4 wonderful days at Camp Abnaki Vermont. It is near Burlington and the Champlain Valley Quilt Guild holds a spring retreat and a fall retreat there. My sister belongs to this guild and invited me to attend. It was beyond my expectations! I am going again in sept!

Quilter7x 05-03-2010 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
They are fun, aren't they? I just got back from 4 wonderful days at Camp Abnaki Vermont. It is near Burlington and the Champlain Valley Quilt Guild holds a spring retreat and a fall retreat there. My sister belongs to this guild and invited me to attend. It was beyond my expectations! I am going again in sept!

The Vermont Quilt Festival is held in the same area at the end of June.

Frogquilter 05-03-2010 06:34 PM

Janie i got to two a year now. A group of us goes up to Concordia, KS to Manna House. This is a retreat house ran by the Sisters of St. Joseph. This one is usually a guided retreat.

Now a group of us rents the retreat house next door to the quilt store in Manhattan, KS. It's nice. It's about 10 of us and we sew all night, eat and sew some more or just relax. I only live 20 miles from their in Junction City but it's well worth it to me. I don't have to worry about anything except the meal i will prepare and I almost always get a quilt top done. If you want some additional info you can email me and I will get back to you.

amma 05-03-2010 07:12 PM

It sounds like you had the best weekend :D:D:D

Debra Mc 05-03-2010 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I go to a retreat at Mt Calm ,Tx called Compass pointe. You can google it. We stay thur-sun and they have a store right there in the main area. So tempting. They fix us all meals and leave us snacks for all thru the day, flavored coffees. Wish there were more retreats closer. I would. This one is at the end of august. I also signed up for one in Quinlan Texas next to Stichin Heaven quilt shop. It's in April. I am going to look up more too. LOL

Do you mean Quitman, TX. Thats where Stitchin Heaven is.

Sharon321 05-03-2010 08:27 PM

I have been to Greenbriar once. It is wonderful. Going to Compass Cetre in Mt Calm Texas in less than 3 weeks.

Sharon321 05-03-2010 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc

Originally Posted by debbieumphress

Do you mean Quitman, TX. Thats where Stitchin Heaven is.

Debbie, there are lots of retreat centers in the North and East Texas area. PM me if you want more info. I will go any time. Almost all guilds have retreats in this area. Also if you will give Melissa (Compass Centre owner) your e-mail she will contact you when groups need more attendees.