Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Slump Gone! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-slump-gone-t58889.html)

franie 08-13-2010 05:37 PM

Happy days are here again for you!

I was forced into a slump because of broken ankle. I did do a binding on a quilt yesterday.

wildyard 08-13-2010 05:44 PM

I wonder which is worse; being in a slump when you are able to quilt, or being unable to quilt and wanting to. LOL. We have both been discombobulated and are happy to be back in synch. I am cutting a little with my arm, and sewing a little. Cutting is much harder to do and a little too much pressure reminds me instantly to back off. OUCH!!!
So happy you are back in the swing of things! Smiles and hugs

Mousie 08-13-2010 07:05 PM

woo hoo, and she's off ----->wheee :thumbup:

manyana 08-13-2010 07:43 PM

Glad you are back - pictures please. It is a great feeling when you have renewed enthusiasm. I think we all need a break now and again.
Wildyard - I definitely think wanting to quilt and not being able to is worse - the withdrawal is terrible
Colleen

bedkivers 08-14-2010 02:40 AM

I too, have been in a "dry Spell" as we say in Virginia..I have come alive again and resumed hand piecing a Grandmothers Flower Garden.. Old Quilters never die, they just stitch away. Anne in Richmond,Va

cyniree 08-14-2010 06:46 AM

alright, I have been there before.

marciacp 08-14-2010 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard
I wonder which is worse; being in a slump when you are able to quilt, or being unable to quilt and wanting to. LOL. We have both been discombobulated and are happy to be back in synch. I am cutting a little with my arm, and sewing a little. Cutting is much harder to do and a little too much pressure reminds me instantly to back off. OUCH!!!
So happy you are back in the swing of things! Smiles and hugs

I agree that it would be terrible to want to quilt but are
unable to because of a physical problem. I know how
very strange this is going to sound, but my problem
seems to be that I am physically capable of making
a quilt, at least as far as my arms working right, etc.,
and I have a mental desire to see all the fabric and projects
I have waiting to be made into quilts, but my 'mojo' just
can't seem to put my physical capabilities and my mental
desires together. However, as I said, this week I have
begun to make myself start cutting some things. I hate
it that I'm having to force myself to so what I used to
love so much, but at least the effort is being made.

Also, I am seriously thinking about signing up for a class that
is out of my comfort zone and taking it. So, like I said -
baby steps. Hopefully I will be running soon!!!
Marcia

Bobbielinks 08-14-2010 07:21 AM

Hurray!! So very glad for you.

betlinsmom 08-14-2010 08:12 AM

Y E S!!!!!! I do that, too. I seem to have 2 speeds in life: full tilt and stopped! I never see it coming either! I am stretched out at full speed and then I crash and burn... I pray for balance a lot... ahem...

wildyard 08-14-2010 08:13 AM

Double huggggggs for you Marcia, I so understand how it feels. 3 cheers for each step you take and for your determination to keep moving. I hope it helps to know that there are many of us right there beside you. Smilesssss, Linda aka wildyard