Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Software for Mac (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-software-mac-t105223.html)

sewingsuz 03-05-2011 02:14 PM

Jilliane, I run a windows free Mac also. I am with you on the idea of if I wanted windows, I would not have a Mac. i would not give up my Mac for anything. I fought with PC's for many yrs and you cannot tell anyone how much better a Mac is. They won't listen to you. It is way better. If you have a quilting software answer, let me know. until then keep using our apples.

tutt 03-05-2011 02:16 PM

I'm a Mac owner but my genealogy program is Windows. My son installed VMware Fusion and set up a partition so I can run my program, rest of the time it's my Mac software.

sewingsuz 03-05-2011 02:18 PM

Yes , me I left a message on this thread. I saw the sluming messaage. Ha ha If theyonly new what we have.

Originally Posted by jillaine
Jennifer, thanks.
It sounds pretty good.
I love the idea of scanning your fabric.

mmm... okay; it's not in the budget now, but good to know about it.

any other mac contenders?

-- Jillaine

JenJen224 03-05-2011 02:20 PM

I will be following this thread, as I am a PC person wanting to switch to MAC. I just have to much software for PC that I do not want to invest in getting a MAC version.

sewingsuz 03-05-2011 02:27 PM

Hi Jen , I understand where you are, It took me a long time to convert too Mac just for the same reason. I also have a Dell laptop to run my windows programs but hardly ever use it.

Originally Posted by JenJen224
I will be following this thread, as I am a PC person wanting to switch to MAC. I just have to much software for PC that I do not want to invest in getting a MAC version.

Tilladare 03-05-2011 03:15 PM

I am also a Mac person... Would NEVER consider putting Windows on mine... Ended up buying a PC laptop for EQ, but I have found I use it SO seldomly since joining this board that I have to first plug in the laptop and charge it if I want to use EQ!
So far (it's only been 4.5yrs) EQ has been the only program I thought I needed that badly.

Murphy 03-05-2011 05:12 PM

I also use a MAC Book, but have not purchased any quilting design software as yet. Will be watching this topic as well.

Renee110 03-05-2011 05:42 PM

I have a Mac too....I'll never go back to windows.

oatw13 03-05-2011 07:08 PM

I didn't realize there were quilting programs for Macs. Thanks for asking this question! I will check out the one listed and wait to see if there are more posted.

I love my iMac, we have several in our house. This is my main computer, but I do have a desktop PC.

I love my Apple and I hate my PC. I have even replaced the hard drive myself. I find that my Apple can do anything I need it to. I won't put Windows or an emulator on it, either. lol

Pamela Artman 03-05-2011 07:12 PM

I have a mac and I have Quilt Pro 5. I've designed several quilts with it and find it easy to use and lots of fun!