Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Software for Mac (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-software-mac-t105223.html)

allie1448 03-06-2011 03:11 AM

I love my Mac but do have parallels installed so that I can run my Janome 11000 software and also my EQ7 as I had those before I bought the Mac. I only open the 'parallels/windows' partition when I use those applications.

elliot 03-06-2011 03:36 AM

I run parallels on my Mac and have Windows 7 installed that is where I run my embroidery and quilting software. Works fine.

plainpat 03-06-2011 04:59 AM

Another Mac user here.Mine is 2 yrs old & SIL installed Windows on it, because he thought it'd be easier to gradually move to Mac.
He was always showing me what Mac could do....whole family is into Apple products....anyway, not sure I could use Windows if I wanted to, don't remember how.:) Apple all the way! :) :)

dljennings 03-06-2011 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by MTS
Yeah, I guess you Mac people are just going to have to slum it for now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: until they make a pure Mac version.

I can't stay and chat as I have to go remove the 7 thousand new viruses that have found a home on my hard drive in the last hour. :wink: :wink:

which is why i have a mac... lol

Karen's Kreations 03-06-2011 05:29 AM

I'm a Mac user also. I installed the VM Fusion software on my Mac & it runs Windows programs. Have EQ6 and it runs fine. I think there's also Parallels software that will allow you to run Windows. There's a yahoo group for EQ Mac users that's very helpful.

Ellie'sNana 03-06-2011 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz
Jilliane, I run a windows free Mac also. I am with you on the idea of if I wanted windows, I would not have a Mac. i would not give up my Mac for anything. I fought with PC's for many yrs and you cannot tell anyone how much better a Mac is. They won't listen to you. It is way better. If you have a quilting software answer, let me know. until then keep using our apples.

I'm so glad to hear from both of you on the Mac. I have a Mac also and wouldn't give it up for anything!!! I too hope someone comes up with Mac only program for quilters. Thanks for starting this thread Jilliane.

Molly B 03-06-2011 05:43 AM

I too, Love my Mac. Will never have a PC. Thanks for telling us about the Mac software, am going to check into this.

tina b 03-06-2011 07:09 AM

I love my MAC too. And will never go back to PC...
I think i'll check out the quilt pro 5.

IowaStitcher 03-06-2011 07:48 AM

Love all these wonderful Mac comments! Now, how can we forward this thread to the designers of quilt softwear so they can wake up and smell the coffee? We want MAC based quilting software and aren't going to take it anymore! ;-)

BellaBoo 03-06-2011 08:05 AM

I checked the laptop DH gave me, it's a 13-inch 256GB, Mac Air book. He uses a HP laptop so ? anyway, it's the prettiest laptop I've seen but the thing won't run my EQ software and I have about all of the programs. I guess if I had to use the computer to tote around for work I'd use the Mac. I use my IPad for portable computer use. It does all I need, internet and email.