Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   QuiltPro (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quiltpro-t138352.html)

dunster 07-19-2011 05:37 PM

Mac? Mac who? LOL Actually there are products you can run on the Mac that will support EQ, but I understand they can be expensive. Maybe you should get a cheap PC and just use it for quilting. Sound good?

I used to go to Iceland for business. I really enjoyed it, but the weather is not always nice. And it changes every 10 minutes. We've had a cool summer here (so far).

butterflywing 07-19-2011 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by dunster
Mac? Mac who? LOL Actually there are products you can run on the Mac that will support EQ, but I understand they can be expensive. Maybe you should get a cheap PC and just use it for quilting. Sound good?

I used to go to Iceland for business. I really enjoyed it, but the weather is not always nice. And it changes every 10 minutes. We've had a cool summer here (so far).

that's mr. intosh to you, if you please! dunster, what can you say is the real, basic difference between QP and EQ that i would even care about? i don't need to see my color choices on a screen. i MIGHT be interested in designing my own block.

to reiterate: if i want to make a very complex block that has many fractional parts, in a quilt that totals 72 x 45 with borders and sashings out of 4" blocks, but i want mine to have 7.5" blocks, no border, no sashing that totals 98 x 98 or 100 x 100
can QP do it? (finished measures) will it have a conniption? will it tell me if it can't?
can it change it to pp? will it give me rotary cutting directions? templates? which? pp patterns? sewing instructions? will i have a conniption?
what the heck can it do? the QP people won't tell me unless i buy it and i won't buy it unless they tell me. catch 22. (does QP stand for Quilt Police?)

they told me i can return it for a full refund within 30 days. i haven't even gotten it and they have me returning it. if they tell me what it does, we can all save ourselves a lot of trouble.how does it 'see' the block? do i scan the image? or feed the info? or draw it onto a grid? why is it a secret?

i did think of getting another computer, but the place would be the basement. they don't do well there. too damp in the summer months. and frankly, too removed from the rest of the house. you're right. getting support ware would be more expensive than the QP, which is only $100. :hunf:

dunster 07-19-2011 06:48 PM

Sorry, I've never seen QP so have no idea what it does. However I hear of it only occasionally, whereas I hear about EQ all the time (and I use it all the time). I'll ask my friends to see if anyone uses QP.

marciacp 07-20-2011 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
if you're looking for heat relief, keep looking. it's 8:11 PM and still 87*. my dd just came home from iceland today and she's ready to go back. it's like autumn there.

Yes, I saw that this ridge of high pressure has extended to the
entire country. First time I've ever seen that. I know people
are really suffering in places where they don't usually have this
heat. I guess we are somewhat used to it, but I still hate it.
For the last 2 months it has been 100 plus, not one drop of
rain, and at midnight it is still around 100. We get down to
the low 80's at night, so no relief at all. :(

marciacp 07-20-2011 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
if you're looking for heat relief, keep looking. it's 8:11 PM and still 87*. my dd just came home from iceland today and she's ready to go back. it's like autumn there.

Yes, I saw that this ridge of high pressure has extended to the
entire country. First time I've ever seen that. I know people
are really suffering in places where they don't usually have this
heat. I guess we are somewhat used to it, but I still hate it.
For the last 2 months it has been 100 plus, not one drop of
rain, and at midnight it is still around 100. We get down to
the low 80's at night, so no relief at all. :(

krabadan 07-20-2011 09:51 AM

Barbara, I have Quilt Pro. I'm not that good at it but I think if you start off with a quilt block of the size you want you can adjust the size of the quilt by how many blocks you want across and down, So if you make a block and tell the program it is 10" and want to enlarge the whole quilt to king size, you can go back and make the block larger. Hope this helps. n BY the way you can design your own block with the program too.