Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilts and colors (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilts-colors-t90113.html)

skothing 01-14-2011 06:24 AM

Okay let me share an experience in a local church I had. I was a mother with 4 children going to a strict legalistic church. Because my husband didn't go with me I had to go into a small room that those of us in an unaccompanied mothers had. Our knees touched as we sat in a circle in the out of the room away.(abusive) We where told, this church was the only way to know God, serve Him and be saved. I had had enough and ask how do you know this as the disciples haven't gone to this church. When God created He created carnations, roses etc. If He wanted uniformity He would have created it so.

This is what I believe about color, God created color so lets use it and enjoy the splendor of His creation as we create our works.

sumcoop 01-14-2011 06:33 AM

If I am not mistaken...I have learned in quilting....
Make yourself happy!!!!!!!!!!!

BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3TreeFrog 01-14-2011 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
OK, my SIL ... she said "Oh, it's nice but it doesn't match anything in your house". I said I could put it in my sewing room, and she looked at me like I was nuts.

I'm curious (and a bit paranoid),
Trna

I am just wondering if you SIL is the infamous Quilting :thumbdown: Police? IF not, then why listen to her and have HER:twisted: ruin YOUR :) fun?

TreeFrog

Happy Treadler 01-14-2011 07:03 AM

Ya know, I really just need to stop asking people what they think unless they also quilt (which I know no one). I think my new mindset for 2011 is if I like it and it makes me happy, it's good enough! ;)

Dianne1 01-14-2011 07:08 AM

I have been quilting about 25yrs. and I think I have one quilt in my home that I made for my DH. I usually make 2 or 3 a month and wind up giving them to family and friends. I just make patterns that I like and try to fit them to people that mean something to me.

arimuse 01-14-2011 07:12 AM

not just "good enough", sweetie, its TERRRRIIFFIC!

Happy Treadler 01-14-2011 07:14 AM

I kinda gave up on making things for our family because they don't seem to appreciate the time I put into it, and especially the thought behind it. It's like it just gets put away and forgotten about, never to be seen again.

ledraj 01-14-2011 07:15 AM

In my house if I like it it goes. Maybe that is because when I was first married my home was decorated in Early Everyone Else's.

steelecg 01-14-2011 07:18 AM

there was a time when all things matched, but I think the new way eclectic and most things go

ruthrec 01-14-2011 07:18 AM

The quilt that is in this picture is a king made from Batiks and it is gorgeous if I do say so. I made it for a granddaughter and my daughter put it on her bed. It covers the pillows and hangs to the floor on both sides like a bedspread. The colors are so vibrant my daughter painted to room and hung new sheers to match the quilt! It is the focal point of the room. So I say, do what you want and the rest falls into place. I love color.