Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilts and colors (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilts-colors-t90113.html)

oatw13 01-14-2011 08:11 AM

I think if you like something and you put it in your house, then it "goes." :)

Maybe she is hinting that she likes it for herself instead.... lol

Ethel Hoffman 01-14-2011 08:12 AM

Don't listen to the nay sayers enjoy all the colors. Years ago my sister and I cut a 2 and 1/2 inch block of every fabric in our stash and made a quilt we tried not to duplicate any of the pieces and knew some of the solids were repeated we added prairie points for the edge and finished them with a great shout of accomplishment I still have it on my bed now and love it you can imagine what the matching color would have to be in any room it was placed.

skothing 01-14-2011 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Ethel Hoffman
Don't listen to the nay sayers enjoy all the colors. Years ago my sister and I cut a 2 and 1/2 inch block of every fabric in our stash and made a quilt we tried not to duplicate any of the pieces and knew some of the solids were repeated we added prairie points for the edge and finished them with a great shout of accomplishment I still have it on my bed now and love it you can imagine what the matching color would have to be in any room it was placed.

I love this idea! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

bink 01-14-2011 08:28 AM

make quilts your scheme ----
your home, your liking
no need for paranoia.

Kappy 01-14-2011 08:54 AM

Speaking of matching......quiltlady37 I love the quilt in your avatar....my house is a rustic beige, your quilt would go soooo nicely. If you don't want to part with the quilt (can't blame a girl for trying) would you please let me know what pattern you used? It's beautiful!
As far as the color in my quilts...they tend to reflect my spirit at the time...some are wild, some are not,( I try NOT to quilt if DH and I are having a dispute, if I did, he would be represented by a stick figure and the sewing lines over his lifeless body would represent tire tracks!) :) Not that I would ever quilt like that... heheheheh
Thank goodness for seasonal changes when you can swap out table runners etc. Right now after taking down all the Christmas decorations, with all the snow and gray skies, everything looks so bare I find myself thinking it will never end, but then Feb. will roll around and the red hearts will come out and hope springs eternal! It's already happening in the quilt shops! YEA!

newbee3 01-14-2011 09:21 AM

don't know if there are any quilt police anywhere.

LivelyLady 01-14-2011 09:25 AM

As an elderly quilter told me once,"The only two things where ANY colors go together is quilts and bouquets or flowers." And I agree with her :)

JeanDal 01-14-2011 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by DebraK
To heck with proper ;-)

:thumbup:

hevemi 01-14-2011 09:30 AM

The only thing my quilts/table toppers/decorative pillow covers have to match is the mood I'm in. I change them all accordingly.

Happy Treadler 01-14-2011 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by LivelyLady
As an elderly quilter told me once,"The only two things where ANY colors go together is quilts and bouquets or flowers." And I agree with her :)

I LOVE this :thumbup: