Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilts and colors (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilts-colors-t90113.html)

llamalady 01-14-2011 09:35 AM

Don't listen to other people. Do what you like, and what makes you happy. It's more interesting if things don't match.

trolleystation 01-14-2011 09:45 AM

Go for it. Your home is 'your' castle. I agree with quiltmania's advice.

Ramona Byrd 01-14-2011 09:56 AM

No one has the right to tell YOU how to decorate YOUR house except perhaps for your DH. And in my opinion most men are smart enough to love whatever you do and keep their mouths
shut about what does and does not "match".

lighthouse 01-14-2011 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by merry
Keep your quilts, give away your SIL :)

I agree with Merry :lol:

ann clare 01-14-2011 10:01 AM

The reason that I took up quilting was to bring color into my home.

jbj137 01-14-2011 10:09 AM

Flowers, checks, solids, multi colors,
O MY So Pretty in any combo.
J J

klgreene 01-14-2011 10:12 AM

When I was doing interior decorating, I kept getting that same question. And my answer was, you can pay someone to coordinate everything and make it look like a palace, but if you don't like it, than it wasn't worth your money. So, if there are colors, accents, pictures etc, that you like.....then that is how you should decorate. I used to coordinate everything from kitchen to bath to laundry room, liv. rm. everything. That was then, now, I decorate in a way that represents me. Native American, traditional, contemporaty, pictures that my grandmother painted, my mom and dad crossed stitched, so to me, when you walk into my house you see me. And that's the way it should be.

lillybeck 01-14-2011 10:15 AM

My house is early attic. For those that do not understand what that is it just means I have no decor or reasoning just whatever I have and whatever I like. My home is mine and if people come to see it instead of me they can stay home. If you like you quilts you do for yourself it does not matter what others think. Of course that is my opinion and everyone has one.

Rachel 01-14-2011 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by merry
Keep your quilts, give away your SIL :)

Love that!!! :D :D :D

ArtisticDesign 01-14-2011 10:26 AM

Actually I think you having a home base of neutrals is a positive.. My house is the same way.. I think If you make more than one piece, say the bright coasters and maybe a matching throw or runner = it was done on purpose, a design choice lol
I plan on making several wall hangings for above my fire place with matching throws to go over a chair etc...Switching them out often
However, if you just can't get past the cordination thing but are dying to add color... You might try making things with less saturated color.As in lush jewel tones as opposed to bright primary type colors...
I'm also going to make my hallway the "anything goes" walkway lol
Really, It just comes down to what makes you smile when you walk in the room..No ones comments can top that feeling (smile)