Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilts using scraps and letovers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilts-using-scraps-letovers-t2725.html)

Rebecca Chambley 11-09-2007 04:13 PM

Sandra
I heard about that as well. I was told that during the depression , that women would use the newspaper,Sew different pieces onto it, to create a block, and that was a scrappy quilt. I don't know if it's a fact, but that was what I was told.

GramMER 12-10-2007 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by NewsletterBot
Can anyone give me suggestions about making quilts using scraps and letovers?.

Thanks,
Bernadette

This is the place I need to post my recent photos, but so far I have not seen how to do it WITH A MESSAGE. I can do the messasge, but not attach photos so far. Yes, I have read the directions, but still do not understand.

My quilt top will definitely be from scraps and leftovers and that limits me pretty much; however, I think I have a neat theme and enough to finish what I started.

GramMER

GramMER 12-11-2007 01:33 AM

Well, I did post the photos of my scrappy quilt top, but who knows where?

I got it all together and forgot where I put it. :lol: :lol:

Anyone want to meet a green horn computer illiterate? :?: :mrgreen:

That's me :!:

GramMER

Rebecca Chambley 12-11-2007 01:58 AM

Hang-in there Grammer, I'm not real good with, or on, computers either. I'm not a high-teck person at all, Just think maybe someone's viewing a beautiful piece of work some where and wondering how to get that pattern!

dgwatson 12-23-2007 10:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You can make beautiful quilts from foundation paper pieced blocks. I made one so far, and no lie, I used scraps SMALLER than the fingernail on my pinky!! There are tons of log cabin patterns which use scrap strips as narrow as 1/2" (I use about 1/8" seam allowance). My two favorite paper piecing books are by Linda Causee: 365 Foundation Quilt Blocks (Sterling) and 101 Log Cabin Blocks (American School of Needlework).

I save ALL scraps, too. I hang two clear plastic bags - one for scraps still large enough to paper piece with, and the other for the tiniest slivers. When I get enough slivers, I use them for stuffing small handmade cat toys or pillows for their beds.

Di

Foundation Paper Pieced Wall Hanging entitled "August"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6370[/ATTACH]

weste 12-24-2007 05:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Trash can quilt made from scraps

imaquilter 12-24-2007 07:59 AM

OMGoodness! that is beautiful! I love scrap quilts! Where is that pattern from?

annmarie 12-24-2007 08:19 PM

That is a GREAT scrap quilt pattern. Looks like you can use pretty small pieces. Is "trash can quilt" the name of a pattern?

weste 12-25-2007 05:54 AM

We did this as a group in our sit n sew group. All 10 of us ended up with a quilt. I will see if I ca finf the pattern. Glad you like it.

weste 12-25-2007 05:55 AM

Excuse the spelling CAN FIND