Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilts in the War Zone (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilts-war-zone-t79192.html)

SherriB 11-28-2010 07:03 AM

Thank you for sharing that link. My heart aches after looking at those pictures of our wounded soldiers. It was wonderful to see the soldiers covered in quilts and blankets made with loving hands though.

stewyscrewy 11-28-2010 07:23 AM

I am glad this link has been posted. It shows that there realy is a need for mor Quilts of Valor. It is the goal for the organization for each and every service member gets a quilt. I sure hope this helps more people to make em and ship em out to the great members of our armed forces.

Extreme Quilter 11-28-2010 07:33 AM

Thank you, "Mom," for posting this link. I have sent it on to my nonquilting friends so they can more fully understand the deep symbolic message each quilt carries and how valuable our contribution of handiwork is. Pictures speak more than a thousand words.

Dodee 11-28-2010 08:01 AM

This can really get to the heart and proof that our quilts did get to OUR men. Thank you for posting this.

wildyard 11-28-2010 08:12 AM

How wonderful to see the men wrapped in the fruits of our labors. To know that some soldier somewhere is benefiting because we took the time to stitch pieces of fabric together then send it on to a group devoted to getting it to these men for their use. It humbles me and yet fills me with pride at the same time. Like the little girl telling her daddy when he complimented the dinner, "And I helped."
If these photos don't stir all quilters to participation in some kind of program, I will be amazed. Thank you so much for sharing this link. I am a better person today because of it.

isnthatodd 11-28-2010 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by erstan947
Those are hard clips to watch but the quilts add some comfort for sure. Thanks for sharing.

I totally agree, especially about being hard to watch.

yetta 11-28-2010 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard
How wonderful to see the men wrapped in the fruits of our labors. To know that some soldier somewhere is benefiting because we took the time to stitch pieces of fabric together then send it on to a group devoted to getting it to these men for their use. It humbles me and yet fills me with pride at the same time. Like the little girl telling her daddy when he complimented the dinner, "And I helped."
If these photos don't stir all quilters to participation in some kind of program, I will be amazed. Thank you so much for sharing this link. I am a better person today because of it.

I feel the same way, thank you for providing the link,God Bless Our Troops.

amma 11-28-2010 09:17 AM

Oh My!! Those pictures say it all.... :D:D:D

quiltsRfun 11-28-2010 09:26 AM

Yes, the quilts are very prominent in a lot of the pictures. And I noticed a big pile of them waiting for new owners.

mrspete 11-28-2010 10:39 AM

big lump and lots of tears here. I pray everyday for our kids!