Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilts with white in them, noticing them and they are very appealing (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilts-white-them-noticing-them-they-very-appealing-t76302.html)

Mornigstar 11-16-2010 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by tooMuchFabric
I know!! My thing is white with bits of reds here and there. Yummy.

Just noticed your avatar when reading --yesterday i helped a lady with a quilt kit she was given and it looked like this.
Do you know your pattern name? Her paper said
"Canadian Star" and i was very interested what yours is !!

Would you pm me please?

joey 11-16-2010 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by earlylace
also ones with black are very stricking too

earlylace.....i love your aviatar...where did you find...Joey

gale 11-16-2010 01:28 PM

I like the ones with white too. I'm scared to death of white though-I always think the dirt just jumps on it. I have a few yards of Kona white that I may use in a quilt soon. I might get some of that Kona snow too.

mommamac 11-16-2010 01:51 PM

I agree - white seems to make all the other colors pop!

PaMaxson 11-16-2010 08:55 PM

I am making a double wedding ring quilt for my son and daughter in law. They just got married 10-29 . I am using white so I can print their wedding pictures on and black as the next block , instead of making the ring with material I am going to trace on the fabric and lay black narrow ribbon where the circles go on the white blocks and white ribbon on the black blocks , as not to take away from the pictures on the white blocks of their wedding. Am excited to soon get started on them . Trish

madamekelly 11-16-2010 09:35 PM

My quilt is mostly white. I love the look too, but I have a long haired black cat who lives on my bed. My quilt lives in storage. :) / :cry:

Boscobd 11-16-2010 09:44 PM

I think using white in a quilt makes for a beautiful vintage/old-fashioned quilt. I did a "twist" (my take) of Fons and Porters "Granny Stars" quilt using floral/cottage scraps and a white on white for the background. It is one of my favorite quilts. It has been loved and washed several times with no issues and I will continue to "love" it. IMO, the quilts I make, whether I keep them or gift them, are made to be loved and used.

glenda5253 11-17-2010 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
Me, too. I want to do a 30's repo with white. Already have the fabric. :)

I think that would be gorgeous!

Quilter Marshall 11-17-2010 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
Me, too. I want to do a 30's repo with white. Already have the fabric. :)

Me too! I have lots and lots of the 1930's fabric and feed sacks.

quiltbuddy 11-17-2010 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Boscobd
I think using white in a quilt makes for a beautiful vintage/old-fashioned quilt. I did a "twist" (my take) of Fons and Porters "Granny Stars" quilt using floral/cottage scraps and a white on white for the background. It is one of my favorite quilts. It has been loved and washed several times with no issues and I will continue to "love" it. IMO, the quilts I make, whether I keep them or gift them, are made to be loved and used.

You quilt sounds wonderful. Post a picture sometime. I have a quilt that my grandma made over fifty years ago with a white background and it still looks great. Have you seen the Brigitte Giblin website. I'm not computer savvy enough to get you there. Lots of beautiful quilts with white in them.