Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   R.I.P Sewing Machine... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/r-i-p-sewing-machine-t36410.html)

Olivia's Grammy 02-10-2010 09:33 AM

I am crying with you. But look at the love you were shown. I tried to take one of my machines up the stairs in a case designed for scrap booking. The handle broke off. Fortunately I was only on the second or third step so no harm to the machine.

redpurselady 02-10-2010 09:37 AM

Sometime pawn shops have good buys on machines and will let you try them out. Sewing machine stores usually have used machines that people have traded in. That is how I started out on my quilting journey. Good luck in finding the perfect machine for you.

NauDeeGal 02-10-2010 09:47 AM

So sorry to hear about your sewing machine taking the express route. I am glad that you didn't go with it! You are surrounded by people that truly love you! That is so sweet what each of them did and are doing for you! Let's see what you get at the auction maybe another blessing there too!

Oklahoma Suzie 02-10-2010 12:45 PM

So sorry to hear about your machine. I hope you get a new one soon.

JUNEC 02-11-2010 04:59 AM

I don't know how RIP your machine is, but is there a sewing machine repair shop in your area? Joann Fabric sells machines. They also repair them. You might want to ck them out. They sometimes have trade ins for sale.

Good luck, I know it is sad when you lose someone that is that close to you

kaelismom80 02-11-2010 05:02 AM

unfortunately the computer component of my machine is bent almost in half, and it no longer recognizes that my foot pendal is plugged into the machine. i am however looking forward to finding a new one :)

Dorothy of Kansas 02-11-2010 05:08 AM

My condolences on your loss of your machine. Hopefully, you'll get something even better!! Kiss your mom and honey for being so good to you, too!! Congrats on getting your ring, too. He sounds like a keeper for sure!!

OmaForFour 02-11-2010 06:58 AM

Go to EBay and look for your particular machine. You may be lucky!
My son in law dropped my daughter's very expensive camera in the ocean a couple of years ago. They happened to tell a friend about it. The friend went on EBay and found the exact camera at a fraction of the original cost. The friend also was able to get the camera and do the work to make sure it worked like new since that is his expertise.
If you find the machine, you could have someone work on it for you to "reconstitute it" if it needs anything. Also, on EBay, the seller must tell you the truth about it or you can send it back to them.
I know that shipping expensive on heavier items but I did buy a Brother machine on EBay a few years back and the seller paid the shipping. Perhaps you could work out something whereby the seller would pay the shipping if the machine was not what he/she siad it was.
Anyway, it is worth looking into UNLESS you are going to invest in a Bernina or something. However, it sounds like you were in love with that machine.

OmaForFour 02-11-2010 06:59 AM

Also, sometimes these shops have machines that are actually brand new except they were used as demonstrators at shows and are very much discounted.

lindy 02-11-2010 07:09 AM

Sounds like you need to stay off those stairs! What a wonderful blessing you have in have in your life! There aren't many men who would be so good to their woman.