Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: R.I.P Sewing Machine...

I did a very dumb thing the other day, and unfortunately it cost me my machine. I had a nifty little computerized Brother machine that had a ridiculous amount of beautiful stitches to choose from and I was very attached to it. I do not know what posessed me to do it, but I decided to take my machine and the kids' laundry down the basement stairs at the same time. This was a very, very bad plan. My machine ended up taking the express route down the stairs and smashed on the floor at the bottom. I cried. Then cried some more.

My fiance knew how upset I was and spent an hour on Kijiji (local trading post) trying to find a replacement machine for me. He ended up taking his b-day money and getting me a temporary machine until I can get a new one. (It turned out there is a problem with the feed dogs, but I was so touched by his actions I didn't tell him).

So, until the end of February, my mother was kind enough to lend me her machine. I think the definition of love is in these two's action :)

No kidding!! I think you are blessed!

Blog Entries
    So sorry about your machine.
    Hope you can find a nice replacement.

OO soo sorry to hear this.... We do learn from our mistakes tho.... It is amazeing when others step up and show us they care and love us when we least expect it!

Sorry about your machine but he's a keeper.

I have no basement and a good thing I would end up in the position of your machine. I have 4 back up machines, I would go nuts without one. Get another good one when you can.

So sorry about your machine. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't sew. I have two back-up machines. You have two very special people in your life.

Just be thankful you didn't take the express route like your machine.

actually, i did that a couple of days prior to that happening. cut up my hand and have a nasty bruise on my thigh to prove it. it is pretty shades of blue and purple right now.

You know if you contact your homeowners insurance it may be covered. That is an expensive break. So sorry.

I am so sorry to hear what happened to your machine, but what a wonderful thing for Mom and Sweetie to do for you.

Blog Entries
    Oh my goodness, this isn't something any of us expect to happen. So sorry that happened to you, but you sure are surrounded by love!

Blog Entries
    (((HUGS))) I am so sorry!!!
    Awwww what a sweetie :D:D:D He is a keeper for sure!!!

Blog Entries
    I second the homeowner's insurance route. Sorry to heasr about the fall but you're blessed to have a guy lke that and your mom step up to help you.

Sorry your machine took a tumble, but glad that you did not follow it! Nice Mom and fiance.

Banned
    Oh I am so sorry too!! What machine was it? Maybe you can tell your dealer this story and he will have pity on you and get you a great deal on a new machine.

so sorry about the machine. It would have made me cry too, but so glad to hear you're surrounded by real love...

Oh, I am soo sorry to hear about your machine - YOU are ok, I trust. That's a fear I have - going down the steps at a LQS carrying my machine. You are blessed with nice people in your family.

we have made arrangements to go to an auction house we know has a couple of machines and my back up plan is a Brother machine at Wal-mart that i am eyeing. seeing as my birthday next month, my hunny and my mom have agreed to pitch in and get me a new one :) also very happy that my engagement ring finally came. all sparkly and pretty. couldn't be happier right now :) woo hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by kaelismom80
    we have made arrangements to go to an auction house we know has a couple of machines and my back up plan is a Brother machine at Wal-mart that i am eyeing. seeing as my birthday next month, my hunny and my mom have agreed to pitch in and get me a new one :) also very happy that my engagement ring finally came. all sparkly and pretty. couldn't be happier right now :) woo hoo!
    Good for you! And congratualtions on your engagement!

Blog Entries
    I am crying with you. But look at the love you were shown. I tried to take one of my machines up the stairs in a case designed for scrap booking. The handle broke off. Fortunately I was only on the second or third step so no harm to the machine.

Sometime pawn shops have good buys on machines and will let you try them out. Sewing machine stores usually have used machines that people have traded in. That is how I started out on my quilting journey. Good luck in finding the perfect machine for you.

So sorry to hear about your sewing machine taking the express route. I am glad that you didn't go with it! You are surrounded by people that truly love you! That is so sweet what each of them did and are doing for you! Let's see what you get at the auction maybe another blessing there too!

So sorry to hear about your machine. I hope you get a new one soon.

I don't know how RIP your machine is, but is there a sewing machine repair shop in your area? Joann Fabric sells machines. They also repair them. You might want to ck them out. They sometimes have trade ins for sale.

Good luck, I know it is sad when you lose someone that is that close to you

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast