Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Rainy day here today=Quilt day...what are you making? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/rainy-day-here-today%3Dquilt-day-what-you-making-t248414.html)

carolaug 06-14-2014 08:45 AM

finished...Yah...in the washer it goes..now to get ready for the cookout.

Nammie to 7 06-14-2014 08:51 AM

Rainy here also -- most of the kids ball games have been cancelled. I wanted to quilt a border on a quilt but the thread keeps breaking and the machine named Phil) is skipping some stitches. I put him in time out for a while to take time to reconsider his actions. Will clean him up, rethread him and try again later.

donac 06-14-2014 08:54 AM

It is sunny and warm today. We finished mowing lawns and dh is out walking the dog. He and our sons are going out to the movies. I wiil stay home to finish a baby quilt for my friend's new granddaughter. Then I have to decide on some dessert to take to my sister's tomorrow. It will be our first Father's Day without my dad.

carolaug 06-14-2014 08:58 AM

so sorry to her that Donac. Enjoy the day with your sisiter. I am sure your Dad will be watching.

jo bauer 06-14-2014 10:20 AM

A great quilt Carol Gosh you're fast. Today I'm going thru scraps to make two Kim Deihl table runners. I'd like to start them today, but I know me, it will take most of the day to choose the scraps because I can't make up mind. Have a great and relaxing rainy day.

ManiacQuilter2 06-14-2014 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 6757947)
Nothing better than a rainy day for sewing. :)

I agree but it never rains here in So California !! :)

Pam B 06-14-2014 03:49 PM

Beautiful quilt! Good for you getting it finished today!

Here in central IN it was sunny and about 72...absolutely gorgeous day! While DH worked in the yard and garden, I visited with our 2 DDs at a winery about 30 minutes away. Discovered in conversation that, instead of us going to Indy to have Father's Day dinner with them...they thought it would be a great idea to have a cook-out here and also invite the grandparents. Yikes! So I've also stopped at the grocery, been working on cleaning house, hulled some strawberries and baked a cake. I'm tired now. Won't DH be surprised when he comes in?!! So...maybe on Monday I'll be able to sew.

carolaug 06-14-2014 04:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]479126[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]479127[/ATTACH] Here is the completed quilt.. Yah !!

knitwitrosie 06-14-2014 04:05 PM

It's been a gorgeous day here in NE Ohio. Unfortunately I spent all day giving my house a nice cleaning and doing laundry :(

The laundry is still a WIP (how two people can have so much laundry is beyond me!) but the cleaning for the day is done. The rest will just have to wait until tomorrow.

Im heading up to my "Craft Cave" to work on the Pink & Chocolate Jolly Jelly Roll quilt for my BFF for Christmas. I'm about halfway done with the main part of the top. Still have the border and Piano Key border to do before I can finish it up. Hoping to make some good headway on it tonight :)

carolaug 06-14-2014 04:12 PM

I will clean tonight. Thankfully the house is not that bad...I try and keep it clean during the week. Pick up as I go. Laundry ever other day. Hope everyone had a wonderful day!