Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ready Made Acrylic Templates (How to use?) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ready-made-acrylic-templates-how-use-t33116.html)

ezkwiltrV 01-04-2010 09:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my first topic post so please 4give me if it's redundant. My problem right now is trying to use all of these wonderful pre made plastic templates. I have the entire set of squares, the tri-recs set, the hexagon, the Companion Angle, the Easy Dresden, the Spinning Star, the Easy Scallop, the Easy Eight, the X Block, the 60 degree diamond, and the most boggling to me has been the Simply Crazy by EZ quilting.
Am I the only one out there who can't seem to get the instructions down pat from 3 paragraphs of "how to" on the back of the package?
:?

Roses All Around- almost finished!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]62888[/ATTACH]

amma 01-04-2010 09:28 AM

Some of the templates instructions do seem to be lacking :roll:
I think the books that they are made for have much better descriptions...and they want you to buy them :wink: and that is why the the instructions are so sparse....

Boston1954 01-04-2010 12:06 PM

Are these templates for your hand stitching, or for cutting fabric? I have some that I have made myself, and I use them to draw the chalk line for stitching.

cutebuns 01-04-2010 12:19 PM

The directions are usually to go a long with books, though if you ask how to use one specific one here then I imagine that you will get quiet a response, I know how to use the super 60, I have it and it is great for the One Block wonder and a other things, it makes up into a hexagon really well,

ezkwiltrV 01-04-2010 01:22 PM

The commercial ones are for cutting, I believe. The ones I have made from Plexi-glass have been both for cutting the fabric and sewing. (I did a miniature Attic Windows template- what a breeze!)

ezkwiltrV 01-04-2010 01:24 PM

What books? If someone can tell me where to start looking for them, that would be great. I mostly bought these either online or at JoAnn's. (Gotta love those 40% reg. price merchandise coupons! ;-) )

littlehud 01-04-2010 08:43 PM

First of all, your quilt is wonderful. Great job. Second, I'm with you. I have to experiment with the templates til I figure it out. The directions stink.

ezkwiltrV 01-05-2010 08:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by cutebuns
The directions are usually to go a long with books, though if you ask how to use one specific one here then I imagine that you will get quiet a response, I know how to use the super 60, I have it and it is great for the One Block wonder and a other things, it makes up into a hexagon really well,

The super 60??? Do tell, please!

Lizards! Lizards! (quilt I made for my middle son)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]63098[/ATTACH]

ezkwiltrV 01-05-2010 08:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by littlehud
First of all, your quilt is wonderful. Great job. Second, I'm with you. I have to experiment with the templates til I figure it out. The directions stink.

Well, thank goodness I know now that it isn't just me. We went on vacation to Smith island/ Tylerton in June- I had 3 quilting people who were staying in the same B&B we were and one was a quilting teacher from Maryland. She couldn't even figure out the Simply Crazy template.

:shock: I think I have figured out the hexagons- I found a tutorial on here that was great. I do ok with the diamond. It makes a great isocolies (forgive- I know it's misspelled) triangle that's a great size. My husband helped me experiment with the X blocks one when I first got it, almost 2 years ago! I did a baby dresden- I'll have to see if I can find the pics of that one.

P.S. Thanks for the compliment. These are my early days quilts as you can tell with the uncreative use of squares. :lol:

Baby Dresden in progress- finished and delivered first week of October 2008!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]63101[/ATTACH]

Oklahoma Suzie 01-05-2010 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Some of the templates instructions do seem to be lacking :roll:
I think the books that they are made for have much better descriptions...and they want you to buy them :wink: and that is why the the instructions are so sparse....

I agree.