Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Really upset... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/really-upset-t52284.html)

Tennessee Suzi 07-03-2010 06:07 AM

AMEN TO THAT!!!!

khlrkat 07-03-2010 06:46 AM

will you can ripe it out , my grand daughter, gave mine a new look , she cut a big peice out of it

SchuylerJean 07-03-2010 06:55 AM

I am sorry for you. You will always remember your first quilt. I have two small granddaughters and I have to put everthing away because they get into everything. Good luck.

Quilter a-go-go 07-03-2010 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by marsye
SEND HIM HOME!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

you go marsye. My kids NEVER touched my machine or sewing stuff more than once! I once told my SIL that if she couldn't control her kids wandering fingers to not bring them. I am known to the family as "Mean Aunt Jean"

Corky 07-03-2010 09:53 AM

I love it!!! I need to do that to my impish but preciously adorable grandson!

Originally Posted by Up North
I used to tell my kids they were gonna get a lickin! chase them down and get them on the floor and lick their cheeks. They still remember their lickins!

mjsylvstr 07-03-2010 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter a-go-go

Originally Posted by marsye
SEND HIM HOME!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

you go marsye. My kids NEVER touched my machine or sewing stuff more than once! I once told my SIL that if she couldn't control her kids wandering fingers to not bring them. I am known to the family as "Mean Aunt Jean"

You go, Aunt Jean !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bev 07-03-2010 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
Oh how frustrating. I'm sure he thought he was helping.

Depends on how old he is whether he thought he was helping. Sounds like a prank to me. Maybe a teen or tween. They can do some awful things in the name of humor.

8-)

Bev 07-03-2010 11:29 AM

[quote=angieh1964]i would have caught him and snapped everyone of his little fingers like twigs on a tree...just kidding }

I like the finger snapping thing.
:lol:

JJs 07-03-2010 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
I would have had unkind thoughts about the child's upbringing/parentage and behavior.

(This is assuming the boy is "normal" - absolutely no offense is meant with that comment - I do understand/realize that some slack has to be given for some conditions/situations)

And seen no humor whatsoever in his messing with the project.

I totally understand - my middle child is "challenged" (she's an adult now and still lives with us) and she NEVER would have done something this dumb! I have used her as criteria ever since she was tiny - if SHE knew better - then for sure, so called normal kids know better,
if SHE could/can do it, then there's no reason so called normal kids or adults can't do it
she was in special ed all through school and worked in a sheltered workshop for awhile until we took her out...
That's the main reason I don't buy a lot of lame excuses - I have a handicapped person in my home and she does fine -
I've never expected her to do something that I know she can't but there's no whining "I can't" before even trying...
and absolutely no "I didn't know, I didn't mean it, I was just joking" for stupidity or ignorance or meaness -
apparently people don't expect anything out of anybody anymore - awwww, poor little kid, he didn't know - yes he did, especially at ten...

auntiehenno 07-03-2010 01:40 PM

Ohhhhhh, 30 lashing with a wet noodle. This is really enough to scream!!!