Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Red Snapper quilt loading system, what you think (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/red-snapper-quilt-loading-system-what-you-think-t250250.html)

scrappy happy 07-16-2014 12:18 PM

Red Snapper quilt loading system, what you think

Im wondering if any one has used or do use the Red Snapper Quilt Loading System? If you do or have what do you think about It? Wondering if it would be worth getting a set . Thanks scrappy happy

dunster 07-16-2014 12:34 PM

I use it and think it's great. Previously I tried pins (didn't like getting stuck) and leader helpers with Velcro (didn't like sewing the leaders onto the back). I also bought some of the Mondo clips before the Snappers came out, and they were too tight to apply. I also use the side tensioning system from Renae Haddadin - Red-E-Edge - and it is also great.

ohstr 07-16-2014 01:15 PM

I use Leader Grip - they are wonderful - saves so much time and getting poked with the pins....

jo bauer 07-16-2014 01:52 PM

My DH tried several methods and finally settled one the red snapper system. Beware there is a learning curve, at least for him. at least in comparison to the pins! what am I going to do with all those long pins and T pins?

sak658 07-16-2014 02:04 PM

We use the Red Snappers where I do longarming...they are great...no more PINS!! You will love them...the only thing we have found is when you are doing a king, they tend to bow some in the middle...but once the quilt is done....we do not find any discrepancies in the quilting...

quilts4charity 07-16-2014 02:36 PM

Yep, got'em and love'em....I was so tired of getting stuck by pins!!!!!

LindaM 07-16-2014 02:56 PM

Yep yep yep, got them, love them! Also have the Red-E-Edge. Before I got these, I had tried pins and velcro and another channel system. Nothing as easy and painless as the Red Snappers :)

krafty14 07-16-2014 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 6804101)
I use it and think it's great. Previously I tried pins (didn't like getting stuck) and leader helpers with Velcro (didn't like sewing the leaders onto the back). I also bought some of the Mondo clips before the Snappers came out, and they were too tight to apply. I also use the side tensioning system from Renae Haddadin - Red-E-Edge - and it is also great.

I agree!! Use them both.
I tried to go the cheap way with plastic tubing and the light strips. Wasn't that much cheaper, and didn't work as well. Broke down and got the Red Snappers and the Red E Edge. Wonderful -- and no more bleeding. :-P

scrappy happy 07-16-2014 04:55 PM

thank you all for your in put. have one more question. How much of the edge of the quilt is left un
quilted when using the red snapper

soccertxi 07-16-2014 05:06 PM

the unquilted part depends on how much fabric you have extra on top and bottom. I don't like to put my top too close to the edge so I have a some wiggle room.. I love Red Snappers...they were one of my AhAH moments in long arming. I would purchase them again in a heartbeat.